Starlet GT Turbo 1992 EP82 gauging interest £1400

Year: 1992
Model: EP82 GT Turbo
Tax: 3 months
MOT: 5 months (feb 2014)
Mileage: 95k miles

Description:

Reason for sale: My husbands been doing the starlet up for me over the last few months, but he has recently suffered a heart attack due to a virus (hes only 29!), so its likely he wont be doing anything with the cars for a while, hence the sale.

Good Points:

GAB Shocks & 40mm springs

HKS induction kit including hard pipe

5zigen exhaust system including brand new flexi

Decatted exhaust (still have the original cat, and i'm happy to sell this with the car if you have any concerns about the MOT - which you shouldnt, as this is a 1992 car - but just in case, its yours!)

Dump Valve

15" Rare Momo Alloys with 4 good tyres

Boost gauge fitted

Only advisory on last MOT was milky headlamps, which have been 1500 graded, 3M cutting compound and T-cut treated to bring some brightness back to them.

Cars solid underneath

No rust on bodywork

Entire new boot floor section fitted, welded, and hammerite treated - all done with original panels/at the seams.

Momo Champion Steering Wheel

D2 Gear knob

Engine runs faultlessly, boosts perfectly to 0.8 bar every time.

New wipers all round

Car has only done a few thousand miles in the last 5-6 years. (around 5k)

Despite being stood for a further 6 weeks since my husband heart attack, the car started first time today.

CAT 2 Cobra Immobilser + spare fob/key

Full wheel alignment and tracking done 2 months ago.

All MOT's present since import (2006) - only 2 owners including myself since import

We only pay £220 insurance fully comp for the year on a classic insurance policy with Performance Direct, and thats with mirrored no claims bonus, as this is my 2nd car, with all modifications declared. (i'm 28)

Bad points:

-Paintwork has various scratches, dings and scuffs, and would benefit from a respray in the long run. I must stress there is no rust on the bodywork, just peoples carelessness over the cars 21 year life, so dont expect a gem. If we were keeping the car, it is something we would definitely get done.

-Interior plastics are a bit tatty but they are 21 years old, and there is one plastic piece in the boot missing. (centre back around locking mechanism)

-No parcel shelf

-Rear brake discs/pads need replacing as they have gone rusty from being stood, but these are pretty cheap to replace or do yourself.

-Needs a battery bracket... surely a £10-£15 jobby from someone breaking one.

-Driver side wind deflector has been broken so its been removed. Original Toyota one still fitted to passenger side.

-rear window tints have been removed as they were bubbling.

-alloys have a few marks.

-driverside electric window has stopped working.

All in all a VERY VERY reluctant sale. Were it not for my husbands health situation this would not be up for sale as I love driving it. Shes quick, handles well, fun to drive, never lets me down.

Price: £1400 ovno - no jokers or canvassers thinking they're going to get this car much cheaper than this. I've tried to be as honest as I can in the advert. for a little work and money this car would fetch a lot more than £1400, we just haven't got the time now.

215317_10152769208685321_44384215_n.jpg

190582_10152769208855321_1284729483_n.jp

182390_10153139677780321_1177629434_n.jp

1001258_10153139676810321_690140263_n.jp

556830_10153139677515321_1461368664_n.jp

(please note - pictures taken before 5zigen exhaust was fitted)

Contact Details:

please contact my husband John, on 07984 190133 if you have any questions, or message me on here.

Edited by Socks

Not sure if Ive missed something, but this looks like a bit of a steal for someone! Personally think you could have advertised for more but thats me. Also nice to see a mk2 front bumper still in tact!

Sorry to hear about your Lads health issues, hope he is on the mend :thumbsup:

glwts

just sourced and ordered replacement drivers side wind deflector (original toyota part) and replacement electric window motor/regulator/mechanism so thats 2 issues resolved. will just require fitting.

as stated in the advert, we're not interested in silly offers or anyone getting the car on the cheap. we've already turned down £1200 due to the amount of interest in the car, and this is the only place its listed so far.

Whoever buys this should be wearing a mask, daylight robbery at that money!

And sorry to hear about the hubby, hope he's keeping well! Was going to say glwts but at that price you shouldnt need it lol

Argh! I cant do it! Sorry guys, change of heart I just cant sell it! I'm going to see how my husbands recovery goes before I jump into selling.

Could a mod please lock this thread until future notice? I'm going to give it another month and make a decision then. Hope I haven't wasted too much of anyones time! stressful days at the moment!