newbie in scotland

hi folks, just joined since im buying myself a starlet gt turbo, here to have a bit of banter and hopefully get some good advice cheers.

only ever owned cars from the vag family so dont really know much about the starlets, is there any common problems i should look out for with them ?

buying it off my mate, paying him in instalments and im not paying a rediculous price to insure it so waiting a few months till im 21 when it drops down drastically and hes gonna keep it at his house for me till then.

where in glasgow you based bud ? im east end few of us around, good few scottish boys on here too should get all the advice you need mate :)

also if its your mate doubt he would sell you it with problems just keep an eye for rust, dodgey smoke, rattles, knocks etc plenty of posts on here for buying one check out the search bit bud :)

good luck, maybe even come to a meet get to know a few lads :)

its not glasgow im from its largs, not far from glasgow but its easier just saying glasgow because most folk wont know largs lol, bought a car from him before which was perfectly fine, if theres any meets going soon i might pop along in one of the other cars, get to know some folk