Peugeot mechanics help please!

Bought myself 106 diesel as a little runabout so I can fix my sr up. Needs a new indicator stalk so I've stripped the steering column down and now it wont start. Now I kno some pugs/citroens have like an immobiliser receiver near the ignition barrel but mine has the keypad immobiliser so cant imagine it has it by the ignition? If its not that where can I start looking for the issue? I need to get a few bits to get it through the mot but if its gonna cost me a bomb im not gonna bother and ill just fill it with scrap metal and weigh it in, which I dont particually want to do as 50mpgs+ sounds appealing!!

should probably ask over on retrorides or autoshite. mum had one back in the day and did 150k trouble free miles until it needed scrapping because of rust. mpg is amazing!

Edited by Billy SR

Cheers. I plugged the old indicator back in and checked around where I've been fettling for loose plugs/wires but not spotted anything yet. will try disconnecting the battery for a while and try again.