Do not adjust the idle valve when u have a vac leak.what a silly idea.

fault finding is imperative and as u said chris,something must have caused it.you have to find that something.

Do not fuck up ure car cause somebody suggests something like that.it will run shite and not solve a thing

Do not adjust the idle valve when u have a vac leak.what a silly idea.

fault finding is imperative and as u said chris,something must have caused it.you have to find that something.

Do not fuck up ure car cause somebody suggests something like that.it will run shite and not solve a thing

Not true mine is now fine runs spot on

Pretty sure almost every starlet has idle issues, when its hunting ie, up and down up and down, thats a vac leak. Well on these cars anyway. Constant high idle wont be.

The idle on my GT jumped about a bit from time to time, would sit at 1k for ages then suddenly go to 1.5k, i blamed cold weather haha.

From experience the ICV at the O/S of the inlet does sweet fuck all anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump for this problem as my car does exactly the same. I haven't found a single leak and my idle screw is completely turned in.

Stock ecu:

On cold start it idles around 1500 and quite fast drops down to 1100 and stays there. If I drive the car so it's warmed up and then stop, it will idle 1100.

If the engine is running warm and I turn it off and start again it will idle around 850-900. Hit the gas pedal and it will idle 1100 again.

JAM ecu:

Idle never goes below 1100.

The real problem is that MOT emission test requires idle to be below 1000. If I tell them to switch the car off and back on before emission test I don't think it's legit enough. :unknw::help: