Hi everyone

I got my starlet sportif a little while ago.

I loved it from the moment i startet driving it.

Not only did it properly shift for a standard 1.3 but it didnt handle too bad either (once i got rid of the 145 tyres anyway!)

After driving the car for a while the headgasket went due to a knackered radiator cap! To cut a long story short the head is buggered, so i got it skimmed and the car still runs but it doesnt go like it used to.

Does anybody from the Kent area have a standard low mileage 4EFE for sale?

I would just get a new head but my engine has just gone past 100k so its worth it to me to put a new engine in.

Any help on finding an engine would be great!

I'll get sone photos of my car up when ive given it another polish to show you what ive done so far.

Great forum by the way! Loads of good info!

Tom

Welcome along mate, good to know your loving the NA power!

How about sticking a 5EFE engine in? Its a 1.5 originally found in the Toyota Paseo, straight fit too as far as I know. Its torquer than the 4E and has more power. (89bhp opposed to 74bhp)

Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

hey man, i have a sportif too! im looking to buy a glanza or a gtt when i can afford one, i need something a bit quicker! i still have the standard 145's on too hahah. gutted. sliding everywhere :unsure:

any way i did a quick look on ebay, and i found a few engines.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Starlet-1-3-e...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STARLET-ENGINE-1-3_W...1QQcmdZViewItem

not sure if their actually going to be any good, but have a look!

laters

Lukey B

welcome to uksc

if yur gonna change the engine u might aswell put the 5efe in it, I've done this and its no different to fittin the 4efe in it.

all the wiring is the same, same gearbox and i used the same ecu. it just fits straight in like a 4e.

makes sense :unsure:

Welcome along mate, good to know your loving the NA power!

How about sticking a 5EFE engine in? Its a 1.5 originally found in the Toyota Paseo, straight fit too as far as I know. Its torquer than the 4E and has more power. (89bhp opposed to 74bhp)

Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah would love to put the 1.5 in but thats even harder to find than the 1.3! Ive never seen a paseo in any of the scrapyards near me or even an engine for sale!

I would love to find the whole engine out of a corolla with the inlet manifold, injectors and ecu with higher rev limit to see how much better it would be than the starlet engine. I am quite an enthusiastic driver so i am partial to a high revving engine! haha. Cheers for the suggestions.

Welcome!

Kent you say, whereabouts?

(am in Maidstone myself and are a few other guys on here round Kent too)

Good luck with the engine :)

I'm from just outside canterbury towards ashford.

Ive seen a few modded starlets going about actually. Theres a nice black glanza with red lipped wheels that i always see in canterbury. Also i saw a sweet black sr at KFC in sittingbourne a little while ago.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes!

• 1 month later...
Yeah would love to put the 1.5 in but thats even harder to find than the 1.3! Ive never seen a paseo in any of the scrapyards near me or even an engine for sale!

I would love to find the whole engine out of a corolla with the inlet manifold, injectors and ecu with higher rev limit to see how much better it would be than the starlet engine. I am quite an enthusiastic driver so i am partial to a high revving engine! haha. Cheers for the suggestions.

welcome mate,

theres always a scrappy on ebay breaking paseos.its who i got my clocks off.

clicky