Hi, im chubz, im new to jap cars, starlets etc,

Heard of screamer pipes and just curious about what i need and how about doing it?

I work in a garage and theres a fabricators over the road,the problem is i cant find any pics or 'how to' so heres my attempt at how? Aha

Only really a good idea if you have an external wastegate setup, the internal wastegate decat/screamer combos are hard to get right and 99% of them blow on idle.

If you have an ewg go on ebay and buy a screamer and bolt it on, costs £16, you could quiet easily make one though small 38mm flange to be made which can be made yourself with basic equipment, and some stainless piping and some welding of course.

I havent seen the glanza yet, its due in 2 weeks, on the pic i have it has a cast iron manifold, but supra turbo so not sure how that works,theres a fabricator oppo work so il ask nicely with biscuits aha!

I ask this because at japfest a celica sounded like a jet :p

They do sound awesome at full chat :)

You'll need a new manifold with capabilities for an external wastegate, ie flange on it at the collector. The external wastegate itself, a screamer pipe, and you'll need the wastegate penny welded up on your existing turbo. And ofcourse gaskets etc.

Basically a new turbo setup :)

Edited by daniel_g

Wastegate penny?

Basically a valve operated by your actuator it releases the exhaust gasses bypassing the turbine to ensure you only hold the desired boost levels, you can weld these (some places don't like to because the hosings are cast) or you can actually buy a bracket that holds it closed.