ARP Head Bolts snapping

when putting the head back together today I was torqueing down the arp bolts which had only been used once before in the 3 stages of 20 sequence to 60 lbs ft and ive had a bolt snap on me has anyone else had this happen before ???

I have no faith in arp bolts anymore and will not be using them again..... so ordering standard Toyota ones instead

Edited by russ78

Yea I've snapped one when me and grant put the head back on mine. Was only the second time they where used. Bought a new set and have been fine. Looked like a defective bolt on my one that broke. That said you can use them no more than 3 times as recomended but should also measure them with a vernier as arp give a tollerence level. They are non strech but can strech marginly under certian conditions

I would never re use them again. I've learnt to just replace em. I've a 5e sat around in the corner, when i can be arsed to build it int a forged lump ill use head studs. But im not stripping my forged 4e again just to bung studs in. The arp head bolts are very good. I just wouldnt risk reusing them.