Starlet intake manifold vs. Corolla intake manifold

Ok so a guy i know also got an corolla(bugeye) intake manifold for his Corolla 4E-FE.

he got an corolla with the exact same engine as the starlet 4E-FE with 75hp at the flywheel.

he also upgraded his ignition cables(magnecours) and got an open air intake.

he did a dynorun and got a 87hp at the flywheel reading.

that's an 12 HP increase. That's a nice increase i think :p

So that should be a 12 HP gain on a Starlet with 4E-FE to.

I thought maybe you guys would like to know that somebody did a dyno with the Corolla intake manifold to test the gains.

Cheers,

Kevin

don't knwo to be honest but he didnt mod his injectors.

Do they maybe come with bigger injectors than the starlet?

Would think not cause the engine is exactly the same.

it's a '95 model with the flat headlights fitted with a 75HP 4E-FE.

I think you'll find the increase is so great, and I'm pretty sure the peak will be near the top end as the Tubular Corolla Manifold is ideal for Mid-High RPM gains, so where the standard manifold would curtail the Horsepower to drop earlier on in the rev-range, the Tubular manifold would still be building power, hence the great disparity between the two

That impressive stuff definatly worth the money, Its worth checking out the starlet with manifold aswell because there maybe a different ECU setting on the rolla. I think they d have slightly bigger injectors but I dont think you will need to bother with them as the n/a starlet ones are more than adequet(sp) for the setup.

My friend is getting an sr soon so would be fun to test the difference (not an accurate test before anyone starts :p) just to guage things.

I have 95bhp out of my 4efe which has a dastek ecu. If i was to buy the corolla mani for mine would it make much difference?

yup mate do it and it will be rapid :p, get down to a local scrapers and get one off a corolla.

About the dyno run with the corolla they also have a higher rev limit dont they, so you have to take that into account!?!?

Rob

I love this talk on the mani's.

That dastek run 4efe sounds good Faisal, the corolla intake mani will be a definite improvement over the standard intake mani that you are running period!

It improves low end acceleration and gives a better mid range power band. It will also take you to revs as high as the limiter with less effort. Was the dastek able to change your rev limit if you so desire Faisal?

Phil you should have got a test run with me that day lol, to see if I was lying about how my engine behaves :p:D:p

5efe ftmfw!

Joz

I love this talk on the mani's.

That dastek run 4efe sounds good Faisal, the corolla intake mani will be a definite improvement over the standard intake mani that you are running period!

It improves low end acceleration and gives a better mid range power band. It will also take you to revs as high as the limiter with less effort. Was the dastek able to change your rev limit if you so desire Faisal?

Phil you should have got a test run with me that day lol, to see if I was lying about how my engine behaves :p:D:p

5efe ftmfw!

Joz

Hey Joz, the Dastek was already fitted when I bought the car. The limit kicks in around 6500 which I think is standard for the n/a's. Is there a way to adjust the rev limit using the Dastek?? Don't have any knowledge when it comes to engines all a learning curve for me as this Starlet is the first modified car i've had.

Thanks Faisal

they do hav a slightly higher rev limiter but the peak power is made at about 57/800rpm on corolla's and 5500rpm on starlets and as the limiter is a 6700 on corolla's and 6500 on starlets i cant see why it would matter

its 6200 on a starlet mate :p

you can change the rev limit by replacing a crystal resistor inside the ecu with one of a higher resistence (or lower lol) but aparently the valve springs need to be uprated after 6800 rpm because they "bounce".

If anyone could find that topic would be much appreciated because I've had no luck. Think it might be on twincam.info or ausstarletclub.com

5efe ftmfw!

Joz

you knows it bill

Hey Joz, the Dastek was already fitted when I bought the car. The limit kicks in around 6500 which I think is standard for the n/a's. Is there a way to adjust the rev limit using the Dastek?? Don't have any knowledge when it comes to engines all a learning curve for me as this Starlet is the first modified car i've had.

Thanks Faisal

your valve springs will be fine to 7200,

and no one actualy ever got round to finding the right quartz resister rating to do that mod to a standard ecu.

I should be going to my local scrappy on saturday so if all goes well i'll me up a 'rolla manifold and i'll get back on gains.

Once thats done i'll look into that ECU mod....doesnt seem to hard from that 'How to' guys!!

Surprised no1 done it yet

Mike