Forged Glanza TD05 - New Set-Up

Hi Guys,

Some of you may know the car some may not. I have a forged TD05 Glanza,

Its currently putting down just shy of 300bhp.

Im thinking of going for more power & debating a new set-up.

What do people recommend and what sort of prices and power etc will i see ...

Post away people.

It'd be much appreciated.

I havent had it for more than a couple of months, my friend built most of it and im just carry on as the new owner.

It was forged at either TD/Race-Tech cannot remember, Race-tech Mani, TD05-16, No Head work (Looking into cams etc but finding them hard to find) External wastegaste (Tial) Screamer etc ...

Not sure on exhaust system, think its a blitz...

Hks intake.

Its 285.6bhp (Mapped at Tuning Devlopements) Its on E-Manage Ultimate ...

Not sure on injector size, and standard inlet etc.

Im looking for the cheapest and best way to get more power out of it...

Yeah, i have thought about it ... Ideally i want to go down the more affordable route atm.

Since i have owned the car a month or so ive had to replace...

Brakes, Manifold, screamer, New seats, Full service etc, Rocker Cover etc .... adds up quick.

Dont mind spending money aslong as its justifyable ...

Right... well first off it may be worth calling TD or a previous owner, asking what it was max'd on...

During the remapping session they may have maxed something... Be it injectors possibly?

A TD05 is good for 320-330bhp so the turbo has plenty more to go yet...

No Need for changing cams until 360-370bhp...

No Need for changing inlet manifold until 350bhp...

A full 3inch exhaust system front to back, could help free off some power top end and help with spool too!

But before you start doing any of that, you need to find out what the car is currently maxed out at...

Im good mates with Sachin the guy i brought the car off.

He seems to remember his injectors being on full cycle or very near too ...

What good 3 inch system would you sugguest/good but cost effective?

Its getting to 350 thats the issue, i know 350 + is headwork etc time and thats fine ... but its bridging the 60 ish hp i need!!

Its Boosting at 1.6 bar if that makes a different. But injectors i think your correct ...

If your boosting to 1.6 bar and only making 285bhp I think there's a problem somewhere, that turbo at that boost its probably around its maximum efficiency. Td04's make that sorta power at less boost.

As Sock's said though, a 3inch full system will work well.

What injectors is it running at the moment?

Edited by AdamB

Yeah definatley backing up my own opinion. This is good to hear from somebody different as i have had mixed views ...

What injectors other than SARD are direct fit and good value ?

Thankyou by the way Socks, quick response ...

Anyone else feel free to comment :)

550cc injectors are good for about 1.5bar of boost on a td05 you might do well to go for RX7 720cc if you looking to run 1.6+ bar of boost heres a link to give u an idea there plug and play same as sards

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mazda-RX-7-86-88-set-of-4-Direct-Fit-720cc-fuel-Injectors-Low-Impedance-/180927856477?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2023ff5d

The injectors being maxed isn't the issue of low down on power though, providing the AFR is correct.

Selecting injectors depends on what's being used now, although I would expect you to need some 550cc +, and then saying that you would be better off with a standalone ecu depending on how big you go.

I think there is some restrictions somewhere in the line. I would find out what size exhaust system it is running currently. What size the intercooler core is, what the diameter of the intercooler pipes are.

I think the exhaust is 2.5 and the intercooler pipes are 2 ?

That may be a problem ?

550 + has gotter realy happen hasnt it ? take long to swap over ? Any tips ?

Intercooler core will be fine, its a good 5 inches deep i think !!

straight swap bud two bolts to undo the fuel rail and injectors are pushed into bottom of the rail flush to the rubber seal then put bolts back tighten and job done

but... you should be running a Wideband so put your money into injectors and a wideband and see where you go from there

Edited by russ78

Its 110% a TD05. I even have a spare exactly the same ...

And that was my thoughts, wideband is all set up etc ... seems fine.

Im just not sure whats stopping it going higher, map is quite old tbf ...

Maybe Injectors and new map, who do you recommend to as a top mapper?

i maxed my td05 out at 340 with a aggressive map..

but on a road map at 1.5 bar mine is 315, but I have a standalone ecu, with inlet, 3 inch exhaust, and all race spec intercooler and rad, just stock head..

so id say your a lil shy on power, but not that much to worry..

id suggest, a arashi td05-18g or andy forrest td05-18g, both will achieve 350bhp to 380bhp on starlets..

also blouch is a great company as do a billet td05 which is mega money but pukka..