Forged Glanza TD05 - New Set-Up

Right im very good mates with the previous owner so i know the full spec. Engine was built by Burwash, His usual spec + 1.4mm Gasket, ARP bolts, mild port and polish.

EMU mapped by TD. 440'cc injectors which were close to there max safe duty cycle. AEM wideband, afr's were fine on boost, mid to high 11's, so not too rich atal.

Oh car was mapped to 1.5bar also, the only thing i can think of was the td05 did have reasonable mileage on it and wasnt the manifold cracked? Could of been an underlying problem that might not of been spotted on the dyno if it had just started. So What id do, is pull apart the turbo and have a look and see what its like.

Oh also, exhaust is a HKS Hi-Power silent, the front sections on em are abit thin, so would help changing that bit also. Intercooler is HDi so no problems there. That spec should hit about 320 or abit more on a td05-16g at that boost.

Edited by RobSR

Boosts to 1.6 Rob :)

And i spoke to Sach last night about it.

Manifold was cracked, so i get a NEW race-tech one and full serviced her whilst we had everything off.

The turbo looks to be fine, theres no play in it (checked when everything was apart) Also have a spare TD05 that Sach gave me !!

I really think the Injector thing has got to be sorted... Need something bigger, anybody got any links i can follow to best pricing etc?

Cheers Rob :)

you want these injectors if you on a budget. super value for money

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111173577026?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Evo injectors with corresponding connectors. check size by asking seller for exact part no.

I would wonder if the timing is safe or even pulled abit much.

though 285 isnt bad power, could easily be a sensible/safe tune and a shy dyno.

Phil

Boosts to 1.6 Rob :)

And i spoke to Sach last night about it.

Manifold was cracked, so i get a NEW race-tech one and full serviced her whilst we had everything off.

The turbo looks to be fine, theres no play in it (checked when everything was apart) Also have a spare TD05 that Sach gave me !!

I really think the Injector thing has got to be sorted... Need something bigger, anybody got any links i can follow to best pricing etc?

Cheers Rob :)

Did you split the turbo in half?

^ Its a HDi one. Pipes are the same / right diameters for everything all the way round.

Sort the front section of the exhaust, 550cc injectors and a map tweak and see what happens. If its still cack then look at the turbo. Tbh me being me, id just slap a new TD05 18G or something on there, not as though the engine wont handle it.

Rob, Didnt split the turbo, you think its worth a look?

Yeah i have been looking at TD05-18G the past week, but other than the Andy Forrest built turbos im not sure what else i'd bother with. Injectors i think are a must ... and defo a new tweak on the map ...

Anyone know how much Tuning-Devlopments charge for a tweak ?

Cheers

Always worth a look for something not that hard to do. Could have worn wheels etc. put some pics up if your not sure.

If you want a cheaper td05 look at arashi/kingugawa or whatever there called. Made by a company called Kamak which are actually very good . Not your usual cheap eBay shit.

Yeah i have been looking at TD05-18G the past week, but other than the Andy Forrest built turbos im not sure what else i'd bother with. Injectors i think are a must ... and defo a new tweak on the map ...

Anyone know how much Tuning-Devlopments charge for a tweak ?

Cheers

Charge £250 for a tweak map to.

Yeah, what about the ones on ebay?

They all seem okay but it does state you have to pay duty etc which is quite alot.

Any other places or makes that people can think of?

And definatley going to get my map tweaked i think, got a dyno run on the 2nd so see whats happening n then book it in hopefully.

Well that's basically the place to buy em. Duty depends if you get lucky or not.

Or take your tdo5 off have it rebuilt with an 18g whell. Talk to Liam d on here, he might be able to help.

Oh post the sheets up when your have it rr'd. And ask for an AFR plot, be worth having a look at again.

Does he offer turbo rebuilding himself?

Yeah its at AmD, just a group of us going down on the 2nd, nothing special but i will defo ask.

Got two runs anyway, just gotter get my boost pipe sorted so i can get a clean run...

Yeah im not a massive fan of Duty... Does Liam D preferred to be Pm'd?

Does he offer turbo rebuilding himself?

Yeah its at AmD, just a group of us going down on the 2nd, nothing special but i will defo ask.

Got two runs anyway, just gotter get my boost pipe sorted so i can get a clean run...

Yeah im not a massive fan of Duty... Does Liam D preferred to be Pm'd?

yea Liam_D rebuilds them himself and from what ive heard hes real good at it mate. drop him a pm