Glanza rear lights fitting ep 90

Yeh thats correct unless someone was going to town and doing a high comp boosted build!

Tbh the H is only an indication that its a hyped up eco engine anyway (going to get abuse for calling It that) I mean the 4age 20v has a comp ratio for 11.1-1 and that didnt get the H treatment.

The H on the 5efhe stands for the High life cams :)

Edited by micky boy

Haha madness i memeber reading something on TGTT years ago sating the H standed for the High lift cams that the 5EFHE has over the 5EFE! And im sure quite a few people on here thort the same.

Thanks for the link anyways bud

Yeah ive just been haveing a good read there on the 5efhe was quite interesting lol never realy read up on them befor just read bits and bobs over the years! So im glad this H conversion come up as its give me a reason to learn more shit lol

You sure ?

lol u for real? I've been involved with starlets since i was 2, I've also owned 3 EP91 SR's, so aye, am fairly confident.

ffs

Didnt make an ep90

the EP family is EP71 EP82, EP85, EP91, EP95 befor that it was KP etc

ep80 aswell

Its people generalizing the series, ep91 and ep95

E is the engine series

P9 is the chassis shape/style

0-1-2-5 is a variant within that chassis

To say ep90 it covers the P9 chassis, in Europe they use P9 in reference a lot more than we do in the uk. If you were searching in eBay for example. We would use ep91 ep90. They would just use P9.

Im glad someone finally explained it properly how i would of done. and yes the H is defo High Compression not High lift cams lol.

• 1 month later...

hi, new to this forum. i've gained that glanza s rear lights will directly fit my starlet sportif, but i have some slightly more technical questions:

1) will the bottom two red strips (where the fog light/ reverse light used to be) on either side light up with the top tail lights?

2) will there be any rewiring involved or is it simply plug in the entire unit and happy days?

3) what will my fog light switch now do when turned on?

appreciate the help, thank you.

Edited by qzeb

Bottom lights will still be wired up to your fog and reverse light.

You can follow a guide to link the top side lights and bottom lights, I got a second twin fillament bulb holder (same as the tops with brake and side light) and wired in the side lights and a fog light on the drivers side and left the reverse light disconnected

It's in the how to/guides section I can't post the link as my phone is bloody retarded.

It's called how to rewire your lights jdm style. Or something similar.

It doesn't show you how to wire in the jog light though but you would need to get a second twin filament bulb holder for that anyway.

awesome, found it, just needed some words to tag as i couldnt google it correctly.

would you say a set of glanza s rear lights are worth £30? anybody selling any or just the left?

and hope you dont mind if i ask for more help when i come round to installing the bulb holder for foggy :)

rear lense from toyota is about £25 brand new. so a pair of good condition lights should be worth £30

and the rear fog light is pretty simple. you just wire up the fog light wire that youve disconnected to the new holder with the 3rd wire. just make sure the wattage of the bulbs is correct.

oh thats something you will need to do, the fog light bulb will be way to bright so you will need a lower wattage bulb for both the lower lights.