Hi,

New owner of a V! Bought today. Completely standard bar a HKS Catback.

Im looking to buy a CT9 decat tomorrow as well as a dump valve.

Forgive me for sounding stupid, but I've never modified a turbo car before. What exactly will I need to make it work? I see a baileys dump alive in the for sale section. Is this all I would need? Or is there other parts I would need to buy in order to fit it correctly?

Seen a HKS SSQV on eBay. But clearly not geniune. But the kit includes quite a lot.

So basically, what exactly will I need?

Thanks

You can plumb it in between the intercooler and intake mani.

Depends what piping you have from your intercooler. If it's got hosing, you can cut that and insert a piece like this and put your BOV/DV onto that.

WhqYYxUl.jpg

Edited by Jamie5414

You can plumb it in between the intercooler and intake mani.

Depends what piping you have from your intercooler. If it's got hosing, you can cut that and insert a piece like this and put your BOV/DV onto that.

WhqYYxUl.jpg

The engine is bog standard! so when would this go?

Pipe on the bottom left of intercooler, it goes into your standard bov take pipe off and your bov goes on there, leave your standard bov on, then your vacuum pipe goes onto your new bov, hope this makes sense( your standard bov is on the left of your rocker, its a black plastic bit

HKS all the way and as for a decat hold out for a blitz one am sure browner had one on here, soon after that you will be looking into cranking up the boost with an actuator...JayJ on here has a JAM one for sale soon they are a direct fit over stock plus on the back of the HKS bov's you can tighten them when increasing boost so you don't lose any pressure :)

Circled in black is your standard bov, you need to leave this in place and do nothing else with it, remove pipe red arrow is pointing too, this is your boost vacuum pipe which goes to your inlet, you put this pipe onto the small opening on your bov, the blue arrow pipe you remove from bottom of standard bov and that goes onto the big opening on your new bov. Simple as that, you need to do nothing else =]

GlanzaEngineBay2_zps19f3f75a.jpg

Edited by fremyjay

Circled in black is your standard bov, you need to leave this in place and do nothing else with it, remove pipe arrow is pointing too, this is your boost vacuum pipe which goes to your inlet, you put this pipe onto the small opening on your bov, the blue arrow pipe you remove from bottom of standard bov and that goes onto the big opening on your new bov. Simple as that, you need to do nothing else =]

Thank you, that really helps.

There's a baileys DV in the classifieds. I'm guessing with a silicone pipe this will be a direct fit as you described above?

I also got chuckes in a brand new HKS Actuator. Not a clue if it's adjustable. I will look Tommorow and get some snaps up.

Also, will this still be a suitable setup when I do the air filter relocation once I have removed the aircon system?

Lewis

Edited by Zeldoz

I had a baileys on mine nice loud sound, hks actuator will be adjustable bud. Personally i would do my decat and front mount first so you can free up a bit more space to fit your airfilter. Also get yourself a boost gauge if you havent got one already so you can keep an eye on your boost levels if you go fitting an adjustable actuator bud

I had a baileys on mine nice loud sound, hks actuator will be adjustable bud. Personally i would do my decat and front mount first so you can free up a bit more space to fit your airfilter. Also get yourself a boost gauge if you havent got one already so you can keep an eye on your boost levels if you go fitting an adjustable actuator bud

So don't put a dump valve on until I've done a Decat, intercooler and air filter relocation?

You may not even need any new hoses, ive got my ssqv running off the standard valves hoses, although i did need a new vacuum pipe (thin pipe at the red arrow on fremys pic).

My engines totally standard, only changes are an hks panel filter and a buddy club spec 2 cat back.

I have a blitz decat here too unfitted, but im just gonna sell it as im thinking of selling the car soon.

No dump valve first bud, it makes no difference, I changed the hoses on mine for blue ones but as above you can run off standard hoses, front mount, decat and filter relocation would be the next step

Edited by fremyjay

I wouldnt bother with dump valve really unless your doing fmic etc really. Get a decent filter on it and shorten/relocate your filter and you get awesome noise off the standard dumpvalve/recirculation valve trust me.

Dump valves on a standard lowish power car are properly shite imo!

Don't forget to use genuine gaskets from toyota to cause the rest are shite and blow through! Hks dumpy first, relocation kit, blitz decat HDI front mount with the SHORT route pipe,walbro 255 fuel pump, zisco or wepr manifold, 1 bar boost JAM actuator= happy days hahaha

Circled in black is your standard bov, you need to leave this in place and do nothing else with it, remove pipe red arrow is pointing too, this is your boost vacuum pipe which goes to your inlet, you put this pipe onto the small opening on your bov, the blue arrow pipe you remove from bottom of standard bov and that goes onto the big opening on your new bov. Simple as that, you need to do nothing else =]

Thanks again for this! Sourced a baileys dump valve of a friend. Cost me £10 cant grumble!

Took me 10 minutes to fit as the pipework needing playing with! Happy with the sound. Without this picture i would never of been able to!

Appreciate that.

No problem mate, that was a bargain, so your loving the turbo then :)

I love it! Never modified a Turbo before. Been a Honda guy most my life. But, i haven't been disappointed. Always puts a smile on my face when driving!

• 9 months later...