Hi all

Just a quick one I'm in process of fitting my new race tech inlet but where race tech have welded the plate for vacuums it won't allow me to install the inlet temperature sensor

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem or do they just not run that sensor?

And if there's other sensors that I don't have to run from stand inlet that would be a great help aswell

Thanks

Chand

Id say the plate was welded without really thinking about the location of the sensor tbh. As theres no way it will clear it now. The stock sensor is a stock part so should be taken into acount when the plate was welded. Id just block it off mate and get a new threaded part located else where on the inlet by a local welding company. Sealents and washers etc are errelivant theres a clear fouling issue there as the pic shows.

Id say the plate was welded without really thinking about the location of the sensor tbh. As theres no way it will clear it now. The stock sensor is a stock part so should be taken into acount when the plate was welded. Id just block it off mate and get a new threaded part located else where on the inlet by a local welding company. Sealents and washers etc are errelivant theres a clear fouling issue there as the pic shows.

This is what I was talking about thank you

Someone actually understands what I mean it's no hard to look at the pic lol

But yes it looking like I'm going to have to weld another plate else where as the standard wall thickness of the inlet will be too thin of a material to seal and yes mate I would use a copper washer and ptfe tape to make sure it's a air right seal

But yes it was obviously not taken into consideration when welded on

Get a male to female adaptor and stick it into the inlet first so the sensor sits out further.

Yeah this might be another option thanks for advice

They have a copper washer as standard, and I'm guessing your sensor part is too long and fouling/bottoming out inside?

Yes mate this is correct :/ not good

No probs mate. Id go with walleces idea if ya can get one as its easier than welding. And dont worry I've seen inlets (i shant name the brand) where none of the holes even lined up for the 4e head lol n they had to be backfilled with weld and re drilled!! Joys of custom parts from some companys. I've got parts sat about that are worth fuck all because the company messed up the simplest of fitment requirements. This is a minimal issue in the grand scheme of modding just a pain to deal with tbh.

Thanks for advice guys il see it I can sort something out my end Ricky if not I will send it your way

Few other questions then

With idle compensate valve on the left side of the standard inlet I no it can not be fitted but do I have to link out the plug etc?

I've finally removed the sensor for a/c does that also need to be linked out or is it just a case of unplug happy days?

Two vacuum pipes that feed power steering rack do they both still need vacuum as one was into inlet and other was into throttle body on standard inlet?

Then there was a vacuum that came off throttle body on standard inlet and pipe connected to engine next to where heating into car does that still need a vacuum a also?

Help please

Chand