How would i go about making one of these?

I have a 1.6 G6R 6 Speed box i can get hold of, i know these dont fit straight on, However can you just swap the bellhousings over?

And if thats possible, when the box is split could i use a N/A LSD Or do i need a glanza/gt fitment diff?

And also, are cables and the shifter unit itself needed?

Thanks!

Yeah you should be able to use your bell housing, depending on the amount of bolts on the diff will determine the LSD you need. you will need to bolt the LSD to the final drive gear from the 6 speed box.

I know the levin/truenos use an 8 bolt diff the same as the gt/glanzas.

And I do believe you need the cables and shifter unit too.

Could be a bit of a gamble because who knows what bolt pattern they are lol!

And what do you mean? No idea on gearboxes never had a play, is it just like fitting a normal diff?

And that should be okay, dont understand why unless its the lentgh of the cable difference, as the shifter isnt slotted if you know what i mean

I've got LSD in my 6 speed box , but mines a 1.3 6 speed box from the 1.3 g6

Not sure if 1.6 are different bolt fitting?

Was thinking the same thing the 1.6 G6R isnt a bolt on gear box like the 1.3G6 gearbox

Best bet would be to try and have a chat with Lukep mate he knowas quite abit about them

I've got LSD in my 6 speed box , but mines a 1.3 6 speed box from the 1.3 g6

Not sure if 1.6 are different bolt fitting?

Did you fit it yourself raffa? And what lsd is it? guessing its N/A 6 Bolt type?

think the difference is only in the bolt count.

NA and early GT turbo mk1s are 6bolt and later turbos are 8.

Phil

Thanks phil good info to have

Was thinking the same thing the 1.6 G6R isnt a bolt on gear box like the 1.3G6 gearbox

Best bet would be to try and have a chat with Lukep mate he knowas quite abit about them

Yeh definetely need to swap bellhousings but no big drama.

And i might PM him

it depends if the gear that the diff (say 8 bolt diff) bolts too is a different ratio to the , i mean if the n/a 6bolt is a 4.22 ratio gear and the other 8 bolt a 3.92 it wont mesh with the output shaft.

when i got my diff it was mounted to a 6speed final drive and that wouldnt fit in my 5 speed box because the ratio was different. simple enough to swap the gear over but mine were both 8 bolts