Prepping for painting ?

I painted the rear of my car a while back and it came out great but this time im wanting to go round all the seams and clear a bit of that crap they put round the joints/seams/welds to have it all smooth before my cage goes in when i get it

I was going to tackle this with a drill and wire brush tool on the end but dont know if this will be too harsh and cause damage or take chunks out of it anyone, done this and if so how do you go about it ?

With regards to the holes from rear trim and seats etc im wanting to smooth over them can this be done with catalloy or do they need to be welded ? My only consern with useing a filler is that it cracks as the car flexes and Moves

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance :)

Wire brush would be too harsh I think just use a DA sander on the bits you can and handflat the rest as for the holes I can't see there been much flex for the filler to crack when I do mine eventually I will be leaving the holes but it's up to you :)

Basically don't get deep scratches in the metal or it will show up in the paint getting a clean smooth surface is what you want any bare metal just etch over for extra protection...what paint are you using and what colour? I wouldn't bother with the filler it's extra weight haha

Most likely be rattle cans as i dont know anyone witg a spraygun and compressor but i got a good finish with it last time only this time im going a bit further with prep work, wire brush is on really for the excess goo stuff on the welds the rest will be hand sanded and then probs use etching primer just to make sure paint sticks maybe 2 coats of top and 2 clear ill document some

Pics