hey guys, Ive got my hands on a spare ct9 turbine, i was wanting to have a go at rebuilding it myself just for a little project, ive been looking at rebuild kits on ebay from toyosports etc but not sure about quality so if anybody has any links or advice on better kits let me know please before i order off ebay at the end of the month. much appreciated :thumbsup:

as far as I know lad Liam_D on here rebuilds turbos he'd be your best bet to ask!

let us know what the story is when you find out im thinking of giving it a go myself soon

yea i seen your post there and his comment on it, had sent him a pm :thumbsup:

yea i know about it needing balanced and what not, was going to take the parts to a local engineering place to get it balanced. Is it just the shaft that needs balanced, or is it the whole core? Ive also heard that if you match mark the shaft to the turbines, it should be ok. 'should' being the main word there.

Any random engineering company won't be able to balance it mate, you need a very expensive VSR balancing machine.

In my personal opinion I wouldn't try and do it yourself as there's no real way of balancing it. And seems though most GT/ Glanza owners want the best from our cars. Running a unbalanced turbo isn't the best idea

I attempted it using a ct9 ebay rebuild kit, I didnt get it balanced as I just counted the number of turns on the nuts and bolts and made sure everything lined up as it was before hand.

Was a waste of time because it didnt make any difference. I wonder should I have tried it on a better condition turbo tho.

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?83402-somthing-i-noticed-ct9-a-b-turbo&highlight=rebuild+turbo