Front break disks wont come off what am i doing wrong?

hi im changing my breaks all round but im having such a difficulty. I've managed to get the backs done but the front now wont come off. the disks im getting from euro car parts are different to the ones that are on the car. ill upload pictures then i can explain easier.

these are my disks

20131111_231701_zpseede249f.jpg

20131112_114813_zps027f8499.jpg[/url

20131112_114813_zps027f8499.jpg

and these are the ones im getting from car parts....

50139-50659-full-starlet_gt_front_discs_

Now am i being stupid or are these different? Mine seems to hold on though the middle by the nut on the drive shaft? I've taken the nut off as you can see but the disk still doesn't seem to budge, what am i doing wrong i hope you can help..

Edited by nevertomorrow

I could be wrong. But you've done it all ok i think?

Give it a bash.. May have corroded onto the bolts and in the centre and need some forcing to break loose!

EDIT: How much were the dics/pads i need some..

Edited by Zeldoz

I could be wrong. But you've done it all ok i think?

Give it a bash.. May have corroded onto the bolts and in the centre and need some forcing to break loose!

EDIT: How much were the dics/pads i need some..

Not right at all lol bar the corrosion part

Put that centre nut back on that is for holding your driveshaft in! This has to be very tight also use a big breaker bar.

Once the caliper etc is removed, the disc will come off theres nothing else holding it on

give it a crack with a hammer and it will fall off, they just corrode on.

Edited by The Toffinator

Not right at all lol bar the corrosion part

Put that centre nut back on that is for holding your driveshaft in! This has to be very tight also use a big breaker bar.

Once the caliper etc is removed, the disc will come off theres nothing else holding it on

give it a crack with a hammer and it will fall off, they just corrode on.

I didn't read he undone the nut to be fair! I wasn't far wrong!! :(

I've tried with nut and without nut and they don't seem to slide off, and lets say, i hit them quite hard lol... :/

Stop being a pussy! Smash it !!!!!

There are no small retaining screws on any Toyota discs I've seen.

What there ARE are two (or three if 5-stud) small threaded holes in the disc - M6 I think, these are there so you can use M6 bolts to "jack" the disc off the hub without hitting it! (although you might need to do both).

:D

There are no small retaining screws on any Toyota discs I've seen.

What there ARE are two (or three if 5-stud) small threaded holes in the disc - M6 I think, these are there so you can use M6 bolts to "jack" the disc off the hub without hitting it! (although you might need to do both).

:D

This, Tighten them both up equally at the same time, and it will start to come off, then take the two bolts out and smack it off :) The shitty grub screws on other cars are awful. Starlets FTW.

Get two bolts that fit the two threaded holes where the disc sits on the hub (between the wheel nut bolts) screw them in. they will screw against the hub and either crack the disc off or push it off. try screwing them in very tight and then tapping the disc with a hammer. Them holes are put there for a reason to help with removal so you dont have to swing a hammer like thor.

to be honest you all was spot on!! I've just gone out there and 3 more hard hits and it's fell off o:) i feel really silly now.....

Come on people please read, i think we all know he has solved the issue^^^ :crazy: