Proud new owner of an SR

Picked up a very nice starlet sr from a freedomcore today, it is really a nice example and exactly as described which was a breath of fresh air.

Don't have any plans for the car as yet but will be reading up on what will best serve my budget, just want a nice sleeper and as it is such a nice base it seems worth giving it some love(no tail pipe jokes)

Andy

:thumbsup:

thinking of bike carbs and light weight, do not yet know if this will work but will see.

It is a great base platform and don't usually run with the pack, ideal no limit a 190bhp celica vvti, 1.5 yaris,vvti, i have come from mostly vw's and there is so much you can do with relitivly little so going to see how it goes.

really impressed so far!

cheers

andy

Did you swap with dave as I now he ended up with a vw Or just coincidence?

And celica 190's (2zz) has been done in a gt shell by woodsport. So it can be done but is a lot of custom work.

Yaris lump is a bit pointless as the gain wouldn't be worth the hassle. (105hp) may aswell put a 5efhe in as it just bolts in

No have been lumbering about in a nissan almera(1999 1.4) for the last 4 years so itching to get more bang for buck with my driving experience, hope to do some tame track days but also keep as a daily for now, the 5e sounds the best route as it is just a swap as you say, maybe g6 6 speed box too, se how it go's

Andy

No have been lumbering about in a nissan almera(1999 1.4) for the last 4 years so itching to get more bang for buck with my driving experience, hope to do some tame track days but also keep as a daily for now, the 5e sounds the best route as it is just a swap as you say, maybe g6 6 speed box too, se how it go's

Andy

if you are debating track days i would recommend staying with the 5 speed box. i have the g6 box in my rolla and would say toyota designed it for economy as opposed to performance. the ratio's are closer ie 2nd upto 55mph as opposed to the starlet (n/a) 52mph. but cruising in sixth is lovely on motorways for the mpg. can't fault it, but it's not worth chucking a lot of money into :p

Edited by Billy SR