Haha I'll keep my eyes open then, It's all in and running but it's lumpy in the low revs so I'm just waiting for a few things in the post so I can sort that out then it will be on the road ;-)

good luck sorting it out, be nice to have another glanza around the bay keeping the big boys on thier toes. Not alote of room on your set up fie a hose it's going to be a tight squeeze, in the meantime it'll sound lush messed!
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I spent some time today trying to get my speedo working, I started with checking the cable was in the back of the clocks and it seems to be clipped on fine, next step was to check the gearbox end, I unscrewed the cable from the gearbox and couldn't find anything wrong apart from the metal skirt witch crimps onto the black outer cable had been pulled off my question is would this cause the speedo not to work? I'm just guessing but it looks like it's supposed to create tension on the cable! Any views I'll try and post a picture tomorrow as I forgot to take one today.

Quick update! My clutch release bearing decided to let go yesterday on my way home from work :-( so the cars back on the drive till Wednesday when it's booked in at my local garage to fit a new one, I'm going to be getting a 6 puk paddle clutch as I've read nothing but good things about them I'm hoping to get a lightweight flywheel as well, if all goes to plan I'm waiting for more news on that so fingers crossed.

New clutch and flywheel all fitted and feeling lovely! I'm very surprised how light the paddle clutch is, it feels really nice and to be honest not a great deal different from my organic clutch as far as driveability goes. Here's a picture of my old clutch see who can spot the problem lol Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had a few little problems along the way nothing to major pvc valve was fecked so bought the rocker cover to do away with it completely and it seems to be running fine now! I saw you over Christmas at the back of pc world loading the car up I was in my mate's motor! I sometimes go out in mine Friday or Saturday when more people are out cruising! You got anymore parts for yours?

Ideal. Haha caught me buying a new tv, getting it into the glanza was interesting had to drive with my knees touching the dash lol. Bought a new rocker for mine too a smothed one with welded fittings I've got loads of bits to go on should really update my build thread but gave up like two years ago and have just done too much since then. I try not to go out crusing as I've lost my licence before but next time there's any local meets on will post it up would like to have a nosey at your car.

Ideal. Haha caught me buying a new tv, getting it into the glanza was interesting had to drive with my knees touching the dash lol. Bought a new rocker for mine too a smothed one with welded fittings I've got loads of bits to go on should really update my build thread but gave up like two years ago and have just done too much since then. I try not to go out crusing as I've lost my licence before but next time there's any local meets on will post it up would like to have a nosey at your car.

Lol that must have been a comfortable ride! You need to update your build threat so I can have a nosey :-D and let me know when you get together for a meet and I'll come along be nice to meet the locals :-)
  • 3 weeks later...