Want The Rally Look

hey,

can we just confirm that you are after a rally "look" or do you want the perks of a rally car? i can tell you know which one is much cheaper but you may aswell stop pretending and do the real thing.

Firstly you will need to strip the interior, get rid of the back seats, get a roll cage, harness and a set of 2 fixed non reclining bucket seats.

Then i would relocate the battery to the boot to help out with weight distribution.

You would want to probably remove all the wiring throughout the car that isnt needed (and there is alot of it).

Under the car you would go through all the bushes, and replace them. Get a set of good shocks/springs or coilovers, sway bars, and what not.

Get rid of those wheels, get some lightweight 16" rims or 15" rims.

If you want to go the full monty then get some graphics all over the car, and get the spoilers on the front and rear (and sideskirts).

Realistically, its not going to be a rally car just cause it looks like one and 9 times out of 10 its cheaper to buy a ready made rally car that someone is selling than to build it from scratch.

I hope i answered your question...otherwise ill blame the lack of sleep (",)

Ivan

if i was you i would strip the inside out get some bucket seats and a rollcage .some grapics get some light rally wheels and then spend time on the handiling new shocks springs strong drive shafts maybe from a gtturbo so on.

there is a guy who used to have a white starlet 91 like yourswith all the castrol rally sticker son it and it looked amazing,

i know one of you boys on here has a sticker to share with this geeza for some inspiration,

it looked the nuts

also

shelly had some big red rally mudflaps,

i dont know if she had them somewhere in her garage laying dust