Cheaper Petrol

This was some chain mail letter thing i got and it seemed like a good idea to me so i edited out all the chainmail rubbish it had in it, have a read if ya want
:D

--

We are hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers.

With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Acting together we can make a difference If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso

--

JAG

sounds like a good idea in theory. but i can promise you they won't drop the petrol prices that much! all bit lorry businesses normally rely on the biggest petrol sellers dont they?

Lukey 'B'

Hmm.. i know your theory.. but heres another one for ya

Fuel when it goes to the garage, tax gets put on it for us buyin it.. and if you ACUALLY look at your petroll receipt.. you'll see that there is a fuckin shit load of tax on it... i know that tesco and asda and anywhere else that charges around the 96p mark will only be making around 5p a litre anyway.. the reason why they are quiet low compared to the others is because they rely on you going into the shop to pay for the petrol, and maybe pick up a mars bar or a packet of chewin gum aswell... so its not the markets that we need to target, its the gouverment to reduce taxes

CK

I know lets all make placards and stand outside their office shouting slogans like we want cheaper petrol........when do we want it......now!!! :p

Best of luck mate :lol:

Or we could climb onto forecourt roofs, chain ourselves to it, and chuck our own shit at the petrol filler man!

My local Shell is 97.9 for unleaded but all others including tesco are 100.9 and more....just for unleaded.

Its rediculous how petrol is the same price as diesel and V Power is like 104.9!!!!

i mite have to buy a TDi lol!!

Solution is a petition i think.....

seriously tho, do you know one person that wont sign it??? :) i dont think so

Mike

It's actually getting quite scary!

I passed a shell this morning and was shocked to see the price for unleaded was 102.9p for unleaded and 107.9p for super unleaded!

WTF!??!

The super unleaded is what I normally put in, but I might have to go for the cheap crappy stuff now! It isn't even the V-Power stuff either!

the governement is corrupt. their argument will be if you dont like to pay then dont have a car i recon. who the fuck wants to get a bus lol. they have us by our balls (not meaning starlets are not for girls lol)

speed cameras,petroll and pack of fags. all the things i likelol with a hefty bill.

the governement is corrupt. their argument will be if you dont like to pay then dont have a car i recon. who the fuck wants to get a bus lol. they have us by our balls (not meaning starlets are not for girls lol)

speed cameras,petroll and pack of fags. all the things i likelol with a hefty bill.

So true.... Government sux

Not sure about the packs of fags bit tho ;)

Dirty cancer sticks :lol:

:blink: