P20 Turbine housing

think i should have one about me.

will look when im down at the garage on saturday.

they are bought 100quid new.

Phil

EDIT

whats size is a VF8 housing P18 or P20?

and the ones i was thinking off on ebay are all P18 housings or twin scrolls from that place kinugawa.

Edited by Philm

think i should have one about me.

will look when im down at the garage on saturday.

they are bought 100quid new.

Phil

EDIT

whats size is a VF8 housing P18 or P20?

and the ones i was thinking off on ebay are all P18 housings or twin scrolls from that place kinugawa.

Thanks Phil,

Hmm, i am not sure what size turbine is on the VF8?

The P20 turbine housing i am after is no: 9.4PZ20-H 94001

• 2 months later...

Thanks Liam!

It's from a RHF series IHI turbo. It came on the VF22 and 23.

I found this pic:

http://www.sonicperformance.com.au/productimages/VB660033_1.jpg

It has the same flanges as a TD04l, but is much larger.

not sure if you got sorted.

but just to add ive been reading around and it would seem that the P20 (VF22/23) RHF is almost the same as the VF8/VF12 exhaust housings all of which are roughly ar60?

Phil

The ex housing on my VF12 looks really similar to a P20 but im not 100% sure.

not sure if you got sorted.

but just to add ive been reading around and it would seem that the P20 (VF22/23) RHF is almost the same as the VF8/VF12 exhaust housings all of which are roughly ar60?

Phil

The ex housing on my VF12 looks really similar to a P20 but im not 100% sure.

its is, but not a identical, its much older for a start, its RBH52 i think rather than a newer RBF casting.

anyways, what id really like to know is can i throw a p18 exhaust housing on instead of my p20 one (will it fit/hit exhaust blades)

and alos very interested to know was a p20 housing sourced by @GP82 ? (to stay on topic and all that jazz)

Phil

I made a attempt to get one, now i've gone lazy and will not try till the roads get better. The IHI A/R turbine housing is listed in a different measurement and to convert it to what i understand is the equivalent A/R size of a garrett turbo is to divide the ihi turbine housing size by 25.4.

P20, .79

P18, .71

I can confirm that the P18 turbine housing can be switched for a P20 and vice versa on the RHF series ball bearing units as they all use the same turbine wheel. I don't think the RHB series turbine housing will be interchangeable in the RHF one's as they have totally different cores, but i am not totally sure on this.

I made a attempt to get one, now i've gone lazy and will not try till the roads get better. The IHI A/R turbine housing is listed in a different measurement and to convert it to what i understand is the equivalent A/R size of a garrett turbo is to divide the ihi turbine housing size by 25.4.

P20, .79

P18, .71

I can confirm that the P18 turbine housing can be switched for a P20 and vice versa on the RHF series ball bearing units as they all use the same turbine wheel. I don't think the RHB series turbine housing will be interchangeable in the RHF one's as they have totally different cores, but i am not totally sure on this.

20R and P20 are the same measurements as far as IHI is concerned, but they are definately not the same housings. R housings are for RHB's, and P housings are for RHF's Newer design.

VF8 compressor is 46mm/60mm in/ex. VF12 compressor is 47mm/60mm in/ex. Of course you're comparing RHB to RHF, so extrapolate what you will.

Oh and a TD05-16G small is 46.5mm/60mm in/ex on the compressor.

Thats the small bit of info i found that had me thinking of this thread again.

though been intrigued by this comment on tgtt about a GT28...JAWarehouse GT28 ball bearing with td04 flange

Phil

Edited by Philm

Yeah the housings maybe of the same size, but castings must be different for the RHF and RHB cores.

Was it jus' the flange on the GT28 from a TD04 or the entire housing?

I think it is the same with the garrett gt series turbos with the TD04 flanged turbine housing's where they are designed new and made cast's to mate with a gt series turbo core.