I changed to manual and yes it is obviously better but alot of manual drivers underestimate the autobox. The 2nd gear overtakes in it are great and it's not slow like people think. It's far better in traffic obviously but launching is total crap. Not a hard conversion.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I have over drive on all the time makes it change down early when cruising and better when a boot it and also has anuva button just above park but it's in Japanese so carnt read it lol

This one unlocks the box out of park so you can move it out of Park if you don't have the engine / ignition on.

Also I've found the same box is on my MR2.... that's auto too. The revs @ cruising motorway speeds are lower in the Auto, nicer for me and my ears.

• 2 weeks later...

Manu button is economy mode...... gear shift is at about 3k, Pwr button is Power mode..... gear shifts at red line and if no button is on/pressed in is Normal mode.... gear shifts at about 4k revs. Parctically, those buttons are for changing the gear ratio in shifting.