gauges - mechanical vs digital, whats best?

I wouldn't worry about that, just go for a well named brand that are reliable and prove accurate, something like defi, stri, stack, prosport etc. If the brand your looking at only offer digital then so be it.

Id love a nice simple 2.0 bar mechanical boost gauge 60mm

been trying to find/choose one recently and am tempted by the D1 spec one

any opinions on D1 spec stuff?

sounds like a cheap brand, but in reality any horror stories about their gauges?

im not hung up on brands at all

so long as it aint tacky im happy.

Phil

Id love a nice simple 2.0 bar mechanical boost gauge 60mm

been trying to find/choose one recently and am tempted by the D1 spec one

any opinions on D1 spec stuff?

sounds like a cheap brand, but in reality any horror stories about their gauges?

im not hung up on brands at all

so long as it aint tacky im happy.

Phil

Prosport do what your looking for.

http://www.id-workz.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=696_697_716&products_id=509&zenid=c3869277b05aca78c42e685dfe9ef6ea

Is that basically a wideband? I was going to buy an AEM one for like £150? But, If this is £49.99 i'd rather save £100!

I think narrowband just monitors the ratio at idle. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Mate it all depends how much u want to spend. Digital ones are expensive if u want to read the correct boost pressure. Shit makes are generally off. So if your not gonna spend on something like defi just get a mechanical one

Digital gauges are hard to read quickly as dumb as it sounds, they flick and change in blocks if you get me (I've had a couple)

You can glance at a dial and see where the needle is quickly whereas you have to read a digital one.

Think how many car manufacturers use digital vs mechanical gauges. Not many, and the ones that do are usually recreating gauges and tend to be high end companies

• 2 weeks later...

Mate in driftworks i saw a video for electricla boost gauges vs mechanical. The only one that matched the mechanical one was the defi electronic one. There was greedy and a few more. And they arent cheap and they didnt read the same boost. So all i can say is go mechanical and be safe. If my boost gauge reads 0.1 bar more of boost, my engine could get fucked.

I would go for electrical gauge as they are very good and easily available.

If the sensors are good quality and mounted in the right place then you will get a accurate enough reading from most gauges.

Use a sandwich plate if you can, those t pieces can apparently snap. Mount the pressure sensor facing down and you will be fine.

I'm using shadow gauges which are stepper....blah blah blah, and can't complain. So far have been great.