first service

Hey recently got myself my first glanza v 96 :) love it , does need a bit of wurk done to it , exterior and suspension, got a hks fcon ecu cumin also a turbo timer and got a few other things planned, but before that wanting to give her a good full service get it threw the mot and do things as I go along, taking her off the road in jan to get her al running good, was just wondering how much engine oil, coolant and gear oil? Also is there any other small things I should replace whislt doin a service?

Cheers

Dusty :)

Fluids

Oil 2.8 litres
Coolant Toyota Long Life
Gearbox oil - ive heard alot about redline oils dont quote me but i believe its 75w90 ? best to double check i think this is oem reccomendations
Powersteering/clutch and brake fluid use oem spec

Plugs ngk iridium heat range 7 should do

give the cv joints a good check over as these tend to go quite easily check pads and disks for wear and just general look over

hope this helps ! :)

Wow that's a fair jump guys lol 2.8 to 4 l? 2.8 rang a bell sure I've seen it sum where else thinking of it

Engine oil -2.8L

Gear box oil?

Coolant?

Just wantin to order enough for one service kno it won't be to the exact amount but as close to it can be

Getting cam timing and aux belts changed also is the thermostat a good thing to change? Red sum where to a braided oil feed is a good replacement while she's off the road getting a bit o tlc

Cheers

Edited by Dusty

Buy 5l of gearbox oil, or 4 if you can which would be plenty. To get the exact amount there is a bolt on the side of the gearbox, take that bolt out and when oil pours out while filling up from the top theres enough oil in there. then you have a spare few litres to top up if needed

Wow that's a fair jump guys lol 2.8 to 4 l? 2.8 rang a bell sure I've seen it sum where else thinking of it

Engine oil -2.8L

Gear box oil?

Coolant?

Just wantin to order enough for one service kno it won't be to the exact amount but as close to it can be

Getting cam timing and aux belts changed also is the thermostat a good thing to change? Red sum where to a braided oil feed is a good replacement while she's off the road getting a bit o tlc

Cheers

The figures i quoted were not the capacity but what you should buy.

Ok cheers all the same guys :)

What about the coolant anyone got a link you can buy this online?

Is thermo stat aux belt timing belt check cv joint and driveshafts anything else I should look at or replace just to be sure, is a braided oil feed a good upgrade/replacement?

I live in sw Scotland out in the sticks lol no local dealers the closest I've seen is this http://www.amazon.co.uk/TOYOTA-COROLLA-FREEZE-COOLANT-CONCENTRATED/dp/B00ETCWPFS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1387317400&sr=8-2&keywords=toyota+red+coolant ? Is this any good ?

Buying ignition upgrade kit from TD it has Leeds plugs dist cap

Looking at timing belt aux belt

Thermostat

Look at driveshafts and cv joints ( noticed a grinding noise when turning left could this be cv joint?

Check brake pads

Fuel pump upgrade

Thinking of braided oilfeed just to be safe

Taking her off the road in jan wanting to get all the parts ordered so everything's done at once .

Anything else I should add to the list while getting the work done on it?

Any help atall much appreciated :)

Cheers

Edited by Dusty

i tend to look after the little things on these cars to help them run smoothly.. after

you have given her a good service, clean the things below..

ICV - idle control valve - take apart (look for tutorial on here)

ATS - air temp sensor - wipe off gunk with a cloth

CTS - coolant temp sensor - scotch pad

and make sure you top up the oil level after you start it after the service... the dipstick

may read full but once its started after the service, it will drop to fill the oil filter etc...

Edited by corofin12345