Travelling/Volunteer work for summer?

This has been running through my mind the past week. I have a final summer before I go into my last of university next year and I feel like I need to get away for a few months just to clear my head and well i guess do something like this whilst i'm still young. I wanted to keep it low key, just so I didn't have to tell the world and his dog on facebook and come back with a bunch of stories to tell.

Has anyone done anything similar, as I don't really fancy going down the thailand/australia route.

Depends what youre into really ?

If i could get about 2 months off work (never ever happening) then i'd go out to Maga / Kavos / Bulgaria and rep for the summer. Been of lads holidays there and loved it.

Plus being a rep youd have loads of unprotected drunken sex which is a bonus :D

NZ mate..........its a lovely country, amazing people, laid back and full of Jap cars. Scenery is pretty good too!

I've been twice now and planning on ending up there one day.

On the Oz thing, i was totally not bothered about Australia and thought it was just a big desert full of English cocks and surrounded by shark infested beaches........couldn't have been more wrong and loved traveling there too. Again the people (on the whole) were spot on and its fucking vast!

Good luck!

Hello Billy mate I worked in Zante Greece the summers of 2001-02 luckily a group of us went our and we all helped each other, it's something you should do without a doubt but always research where your going first everywhere has hidden secrets even though the place to tourists seems fantastic when you live and work aboard its never like home, but give it a go you won't regret it, you mere to do it while your young because trust me I could never do it now at my age 😁

Depends what youre into really ?

If i could get about 2 months off work (never ever happening) then i'd go out to Maga / Kavos / Bulgaria and rep for the summer. Been of lads holidays there and loved it.

Plus being a rep youd have loads of unprotected drunken sex which is a bonus :D

literally the opposite of which i fancied to do mate, i did maga as a holiday last year and wanted to punch every promoter in sight. d

didn't stop me bedding a whale though.

NZ mate..........its a lovely country, amazing people, laid back and full of Jap cars. Scenery is pretty good too!

I've been twice now and planning on ending up there one day.

On the Oz thing, i was totally not bothered about Australia and thought it was just a big desert full of English cocks and surrounded by shark infested beaches........couldn't have been more wrong and loved traveling there too. Again the people (on the whole) were spot on and its fucking vast!

Good luck!

now you say that it's triggered the mighty car mods documentary! looks a lovely place to go.

Hello Billy mate I worked in Zante Greece the summers of 2001-02 luckily a group of us went our and we all helped each other, it's something you should do without a doubt but always research where your going first everywhere has hidden secrets even though the place to tourists seems fantastic when you live and work aboard its never like home, but give it a go you won't regret it, you mere to do it while your young because trust me I could never do it now at my age

thank you man. i should have gone into more detail about this. i kind of want to do something that would really help a lot of people. so i could could come back and appreciate the life i got (fed up of the same old routine, work, uni, gym, occasional night out)

i've been looking at stuff like helping build schools in africa, or rainforest work in kenya as i didn't want to seem like jumping on the 'travelling bandwagon' i have a freind who has just toured thailand and moved to oz to work, along with my father who had lived in thailand for 2 years. it just seems like a lot of these volunteering courses which are 2/3k, just seem like a money making organisation and that it would probably not be what it looks out to be in terms of experience?

i wouldn't have a clue what i could set aside to fund this, i reckon my limit if i was to push in overtime at work, and find my ways would be around £3k

Edited by Billy SR

I take my hat of to you mate that you want to do something like this, that's absolutely amazing that you have wanted to go down a path like this, it's always good to find out as much as possible about it though lots of homework, I personally think for something you wanna do it wouldn't be as easy as just jumping on a plane and getting a job when you get there but saying that lots of research in going to places like Africa should give you a much better answer, for me it was easy my best friend at the time found a job before he went and the rest of us took a few months spending money and found jobs when we was out there, I shouldn't think it would be that easy for what you wanna do though but good luck and keep us posted 😀

I spent a month Doing Europe a few years back, ended up just doing France/Spain. Spent a long time at Gorges du Verdon, amazing place to go and see and camping with wash facilities etc was about 4 euros a night lol also climbed Mont blanc and some other mountain, but the that was just cold and knackring. Drove the Glanza too, took her up 1 of the pyrenees mountains lol overtaking backpackers up a gravel track like a G.

DSCF3212.jpg

Gorges du Verdon

DSCF3081.jpg

Mountain Top

Didn't have a map or any Euros, had a month off, I was bored so jumped on the boat lol

And there's me thinking you just took a leisurely drive to Wales LOL

Don't do things by halves ;) lol

Took about an Hour to get up there was a proper ratty footpath lol

Edited by Addymk2

This is something i've always wanted to do while im still in my 20's. But, i can't see myself eventually doing it. Australia is the place i want to go. But with a Mrs's who isn't interested in travelling. My only option is to chuck in work as i doubt there give me 6 months leave unpaid, dump the lady and go! Come back a loney and poor man i would presume!!!