Any company's that will forge a engine with parts sourced

All parts where brought from most of the company's just not all from one company, I just don't want a company to turn around and say well only if the parts are from them

Can't see that happening, but if it did I'd go elsewhere.

Thats kinda crap cause you can always pick up bargains on here for brand new parts, pistons, rods etc but just cause they haven't made a profit on them from you then they dont warrenty it!! They are being paid to build an engine so thats what should be warranted!

Fair enough if it was used parts but not brand new items.

Allan

Thats kinda crap cause you can always pick up bargains on here for brand new parts, pistons, rods etc but just cause they haven't made a profit on them from you then they dont warrenty it!! They are being paid to build an engine so thats what should be warranted!

Fair enough if it was used parts but not brand new items.

Allan

Well yes and no...

Warranty is designed to cover parts and labour, not one or the other.

If they do a perfect job fitting all the parts, but one of them happens to be faulty and ruins the engine, it can't always be proved where the fault lay, so a company won't want to put it's neck on the line and offer warranties, which can cost them a lot of money to honour, on parts they didn't personally supply.

I don't see the problem with it, a component that the builder could supply also has the potential to be faulty, and its not uncommon for new OEM components to be faulty either.

Lets face it, I highly doubt any trader has all the components under a microscope to check the material structure and look for stress raisers, whether they supplied the components or not. They expect the components to work as intended just as if me or you bought a component.