what vf turbo for 320+ bhp

Hi guys, need abit of help - in the new year will be getting a forged 4e and I've already got a race-tech td04 kit (non hybrid) but I have noticed bb vf turbo's for sale for half the price of a td04 hybrid but I'm not sure which one? Vf22 23 28 34..

I no they all spool slightly slower, or is the race-tech td04 hybrid worth getting over a vf?

Any help would be great :)

Thanks bud, dont suppose u no roughly wat revs the vf34 wud b on full boost, and how much boost can it take- 1.5 bar? 300+bhp?

Thanks

I woudn't put more then 1.4bar through one, but will see you over 300+. Full boost will be later then the td04.

Hi guys, need abit of help - in the new year will be getting a forged 4e and I've already got a race-tech td04 kit (non hybrid) but I have noticed bb vf turbo's for sale for half the price of a td04 hybrid but I'm not sure which one? Vf22 23 28 34..

I no they all spool slightly slower, or is the race-tech td04 hybrid worth getting over a vf?

Any help would be great :)

Hi

i have already experimented a lot of Vf in my car , (PASEO, 5EFE ,all forged etc), the only turbochargers that i have no possibility to review is the VF34 and others Td04 like the RAcetech Td04.

The vf 23,14,28 are laggy for my car ,but the VF35 with a billet wheel is equal to a td04L in boosting situation, and this vf35 seems better than some td04 hybrid ...(TD04 L15/TD04/L19 TD04H 15 greddy)

Now i am with a VF35 with a Billet wheel 6 blades instead of the 11Blades

I do not know about the Racetech td04, but i have seen some hybrid as slow as a vf ,and on some video (youtube) as quick as hell ( racetech)

Edited by ramses

Hi

i have already experimented a lot of Vf in my car , (PASEO, 5EFE ,all forged etc), the only turbochargers that i have no possibility to review is the VF34 and others Td04 like the RAcetech Td04.

The vf 23,14,28 are laggy for my car ,but the VF35 with a billet wheel is equal to a td04L in boosting situation, and this vf35 seems better than some td04 hybrid ...(TD04 L15/TD04/L19 TD04H 15 greddy)

Now i am with a VF35 with a Billet wheel 6 blades instead of the 11Blades

I do not know about the Racetech td04, but i have seen some hybrid as slow as a vf ,and on some video (youtube) as quick as hell ( racetech)

Cheers for that bud, I have been looking at the vf35 on youtube and sounded pretty lairy on boost on a starlet. What's the lag like and power it can produce bud?

Edited by Mk3 silver gt

My mate uses a VF28 on his Glanza and with the correct setup it should be good for 300+ bhp.

I have an old school VF12 (journal bearing) on my 85, i'm hoping its decent enough, i'll find out soon when its on the road :)

But the majority of the BB VFs will see 300+ bhp, you just cant run mad boost through them.

Cheers for that bud, I have been looking at the vf35 on youtube and sounded pretty lairy on boost on a starlet. What's the lag like and power it can produce bud?

with all vf you will pass the 300mark ...but remember that all these turbocargers were made for a 2.0 or 2.5 engine ,so response for a litle engine will not be the same .MEanwhile you can do the same with a TD04 hybrid too but the heat generated will be more important in the circuit

Edited by ramses

A VF8 is very similar to my VF12, its an old journal bearing type. The VF35 would be a much better choice.

Hybrid TD04s seem quite expensive imo, a decent ballbearing VF series can be picked up for a lot less, and the old journal bearing ones can be picked up for peanuts.

Shorty is selling a VF24 and a VF30 as a pair, they can be hybrid-ised together to make a fairly decent turbo :) Or the VF24 on its own is good for 300.