st205 twin pots?

hey, looking through the threads on here, and was wondering why peeps fit the 185 single pot calipers as opposed to the beefer st205 twin pots on the later celicas. machining isnt a problem for me, anyine know what id need to do such a conversion?

i suppose the benefit of running bigger brakes would be to help keep the disks and whatnot cooler under heavy use? what benefit does having twin pots over a larger single give?

i know my standard brakes are more than enough to lock the tyres, as i found out in a recent super heavy rain disaster :( do bigger calipers give more feel/ travel on the pedal?

Bigger disc is more area to dissapate heat and not that it would make much difference more leaverage too.

Twin pots or more pots are supposed to give better feel and you also apply braking to a larger area of the pad.

Well that's my understanding lol

I wrote a breakdown of the advantages / tradeoffs of different approaches to brake upgrades, see here: http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/25345-brake-system-theory/

Have you seen the WMS brake kits by the way?

Yer, they look shit hot, but im basically working with no budget at all lol, so ill take the retrofit other higher performance car parts option wherever possible. that or fabricate my own parts completely, il be making my own long runner intake plenum soon, might even make a few if its a success and other peeps fancy one.

s205 twinpots are about 100 more to buy on ebay than 185 singles. i was just wondering the best bang for buck set up for a fast road car really.

The ST205 2 pots are the rears on the Celica, the fronts are 4 pots.

I sold a complete set for about £150 when I broke my 205 for parts.

If you after a pair of st205 brakes then let me know as im still on the Celica clubs and should be able to get some at a decent price.

The ST205 2 pots are the rears on the Celica, the fronts are 4 pots.

I sold a complete set for about £150 when I broke my 205 for parts.

If you after a pair of st205 brakes then let me know as im still on the Celica clubs and should be able to get some at a decent price.

thanks man, ill bear that in mind :). just gotta make sure i can pay for all my outgoings before i start chucking money into brake upgrades lol.