Best management system

Right guys im currently running an GReddy emanage blue system but wondered what others were available and what actual benefit they would be over my current system..

Im wanting to go bigger power in the future so just wanting to be clued up on a few details to see what ill need to get the best power for my buck etc.

Hope this isnt a silly question and thanks in advance for any replies.

Mark,

Edited by M.B-glanza

The blue should still see you good on a td04 dude at a bar of boost 230bhp or there abouts.

Fully forged 1.4bar td04 greddy ultimate or stand alone! But then again the blue will still see you good for 1.4bar but the ultimate has more feachers/tables.

Ohh and if you are thinking of changing the turbo anytime soon keep me updated on the JAM mani :p

Edited by micky boy

Thanks alot for that micky.. Im hopeing to go/get the car over 300bhp on a gt28/30 but im still looking into setups, whats best who to contact what brands to use etc.. I like to have all the facts before i start lashing money around lol

You have first dibs on it and ill contact you when i come to selling it for sure :)

Edited by M.B-glanza

Best to choose your tuner then let them decide what ecu, they will be the ones programming it and if their not familier with the software you'll end up with a shit map.

If you want the best then get a Pectel, but you'll be spending as much as a Supra on the unit alone.

The tuner im looking at usuing is tuning devolpments i havent spoken to mike yet as im no where near ready finacially.. But when i am at least ill have all the info needed to sorce a good amount of parts :)..

Im not looking to spend crazy money on an ecu just something thats going to do a good job and suitable for the build project :).. Im just going to gather some bits when i have funds avaliable, mainly the turbo kit and im also looking at a better inlet manifold with a larger TB.. And other various bits and bobs :).

Thanks again for the help its all apreciated

Mark,

I've been wiring and setting up Links for 10 years or so and they're bloody awesome - but you need to use something that your tuner is confident with. Saying that though a competent tuner should be able to work with most ecu's available. The g4+ range have the bonus of the inbuilt oscilloscope for trigger signal monitoring

Alot of boys are on emu i made 280 on it with the td boys but again it depends on setup etc wolf will probably be better for gt series turbos i would imagine even give mike a phone and speak to him as it will give you a good idea of how much you will need to save :)

An ecu isn't just about power, to me its about a smoother operation of the engine.

There are a lot of ecu's out there, but it all comes down to your budget and what you require from an ecu. If you just want a map and where your not going to be stressing the stock ignition system so much then a piggyback is fine, but when you start pushing the limits you will need something with better control and more features.

Guys this information is fantastic.. I will phone mike in the near future and have a chat with him to see what direction and cost i should take the build in.. Its been done many many times over the years buy alot of you guys hence the reason im asking these sorts of questions and its all great info helping me to understand what else is out there.

Cheers guys.!

Mark.

Some more advice I'll give is don't jump straight on what ever a tuner suggests and do some research about a unit. Theres really no point paying the extra for an ecu if its got 12 injection and 8 ignition outputs, when a starlet only needs 4.

Edited by AdamB

I'm going for the AEM EMS-4, mainly down to the fact my tuner is good friends with the guys of AEM in America. He has had them come over and develop a pretty much plug and play stand alone system for the 4efte's. This will be available to the public very soon!

Looking forward to having mine back, can't wait!!

Thank you very much Adam stu and chris.!

I had no intention of diving stright in which is the main reason i have asked you guys first.. Its very easy to be drawn in by a sales pitch etc especially when your not 100 percent clued up on a piece of equiptment..

Jamie1st good luck with your ecu pal.. I hope eerything goes as planned..

Im goin to do some research into the names suppliesd buy you guys and get some prices.. Then im going to draw up a list of parts i want/need for the build and ring Mike at TD and see what he thinks..

Mark

Edited by M.B-glanza

Yeh im wanting to run over 300 on a gt 28 or something that can get me the required power but again im still also looking into setups

(Trying not to sound too stupid in my reply aswell as i havent much knoweledge on ecus or even what the extra features on the bigger and better ecus can be of benifit but i am doing google research and reading up so bare with me if im not making sense haha)

Im wanting a setup thats going to allow me to make the required bhp but also one thats not going to stress itself out doing so etc.. Somethig that my tuner is comfortable with and just runs the car functional on a daily basis..

Ill drop u a txt about it nearer the time mr legend as youve been through the whole forging set up process haha..

Happy birthday for the other day aswell mate :p getting old now lad haha

Edited by M.B-glanza