My Ep80 gt rep, #thehuk ;)

Well some of yous may know me from having a Ep91 SR but I sadly sold it last year and always regretted it. Soo Chris informed me Jay had a ep80 for sale that was worth more breaking in fairness so thanks jay for not doing it :) .

Spec :p

1.3 2e 12v engine

GT kit

Gt interior

Rust free shell

Car will be sprayed in the next few weeks and full kit mounted on right, will be a full gt by next year, just looking to keep myself busy during the weekends and after work. Really loving the we engine that's in it as it runs sweet as a nut.

3owu_zps19d73917.jpg

hay5_zps976a90d6.jpg

vumc_zpse76da38f.jpg

hay5_zps976a90d6.jpg

Edited by Jamie93DLZ

Build thread woohoo.

Looking forward to updates. Phil & Rob will recognise this one too. I got it for Jay the weekend they were down. It's looking a lot better from when I got it.

Another one being saved from the scrap yard too!

Edited by Chris Green

YES! i was telling my dad and sister about this motor only 2 weeks ago!

really glad to see that this will live on, the shell and that green colour were too sweet to let rot in the scrapper!!!!

looking forward to seeing this one about! remember, if you're flased by a grey Alfa 159 its me saying "sss'uuuuuupppp EP!!!"

Phil.

Haha thanks chris, its you who that got me this and id like to say thanks as its a great me car, couldnt let it go to the scraper. Shell is solid enough no major holes other than one sill that has a we weld but looks like its been done right :) . We car will be on the road in june and ready for some meets.

Yea phil its a wee cracker, will be a keeper since i have cleared the garage out so it will be parked inside from the rain. Dont think it will be staying green tho phil, might just go the Sr black as i love the colour. Yep every time im out and about im looking out for a alfa. You will most likely see the car about

Well got the car home Friday night from jays and started work on it Saturday morning. Really shocked how clean this shell in as there is only one hole and its the drivers sill and its really not a big deal. Drove the car home crapping my pants for pants haha. Car drove good but brakes are terrible and handling wasn't great with the bike tires. Other than that im loving the wee car. Engine was out in no time and I just might keep it in for this year as the we 12 valve engines are soo much fun and pull well.

Plans:

Strip the car down to bare and prep for paint.

Clean and fix and wire windows up.

Fit all the kit and drill holes that are needed.

Clean underneath.

Remove fuel tank and paint.

Replace all bushing.

Gt Front brakes.

Trd springs and shocks.

Quad light light conversion.

Maybe a toms front bumper.

Toms grill.

livesport spoiler.

This might not all happen this year but its a project car and want to have it on the road for june. Main thing is to get the car rust free and painted.

Colour wise Im looking at greys like dolphin E30 and Toyotas grey. lots off people are saying just go black lol, But I want the car to be different at the same time. So ideas would be nice :thumbsup:

So far ive washed the arches and bay and boxed everything that I need.

Before the engine came out.

image_zps80ab29e5.jpg

image_zps726694dd.jpg

image_zps2e453837.jpg

image_zps6aa1936b.jpg

image_zps6929e82e.jpg

Cleaned the inside as I hate dirt but will be getting valeted once my dad gets the machine home so will be like new.

image_zpse235dc6a.jpg

Will try keep this updated every few days as im going to be working flat out on it till june. Thanks Jamie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Project is still on going, i bought a gt loom to do the turbo conversion but im gojng to buy a 1600 20v levin and rip the engine/box and loom out off it and put it in the starlet, we car has had a we knock at the rear that i never seen when i bought it, so its going out to get it pulled back into place. While its out there im going to get the bay welded up and roll cage made up for it. Will gey pictures tomorrow