Dean_mc88 ep82 orange thing

Thought I'd start a progress page as my donor car is coming Thursday. My plan is to make one decent car out the two up to now my orange one has these mods ( apparently!! due to no paperwork can't 100% confirm)

Got this car for £1000 so obviously going to have issues.

ENGINE SPEC:

TMD Forged engine (now proven)

TMD hybrid CT9 turbo

Front mount intercooler (short route)

HKS first gen boost controller with scramble unit

APS 255 fuel pump

Large core radiator

Filter re-location kit

Stainless manifold

Stainless de cat back exhaust system

JAM Racing ECU

BLITZ turbo timer

Paddle clutch

Oil catch can

STYLING:

Full genuine toms kit minus spoiler

Smoothed rear bumper

Carbon reverse scoop

Re spray in ST orange and black

VOLK TE37 16"

Lowered on bc coilovers

INTERIOR:

Momo steering wheel

GREDDY Boost gauge

Skunk2 gear knob

Indiglo dials

Door cards with speaker pods

Standard seating

Cusco rear strut brace

Edited by Dean_mc88
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TMD rocker cover is one of the late Dave B ones so unless someone has just put that on it could possibly be forged, but it's running a CT9 set up which is a stange set up on a forged motor, is it running any management?

Drop the sump off an inspect the bottom end ;)

Good to see you are looking to put it back on the road

John

Yea it's apparently got a hybrid ct9 , what you suggesting for a turbo set up john because I do need a bit of help.

It's running very lean haven't got any aftermarket management just an safc 2 looking to put a plug and play on it eventually.

Donor car comes tomorrow to tidy it up will post pics as soon as I get it

Yea well hopefully one of these jam add ons is an FCD the other is deffo an SLC ,

Was thinking td04 john just need to get saving ,

The orange is nice however the electrics in it are so bodged I don't know weather to just use the black one coming and swap the engine coilovers etc .

Car arrives today so fingers crossed it's a minter like he said

Donor car update

Car has came today and my cousin has sent me a few pictures bodywork is in great nick.

My only bother is that I wasn't told it was an auto haha silly for not asking the question really but still loads of parts here to be utilized at the weekend , some parts will become available once I'm done with it so just pm me requests and il get back to people if I'm using them or not.

Stripping the black ep today with the girlfriend ha

Also found a hell of a mess of more wiring in the orange one not happy to say the least as when you knock the electrics the car nearly cuts out haha all the joys of a project car.

The car is running now but running so lean it stinks !! I'm thinking of scrapping the safc , jam speed cut and jam fuel cut and go for a plug and play ecu only problem there is funds but never mind , here are a few pics of the strip down

1F450506-A02A-470B-B10A-6287B7EE66D9_zps

64633062-6B18-46A7-B328-E0CE952064C0_zps

1088D943-6A27-49A1-A1C8-AE1D4F3B651F_zps

5E08CCBE-479D-45DE-84E2-683CE483A7C6_zps

BF5BFA72-1403-42FD-BE17-6B3B8243950A_zps

Under the dash of the orange starlet

18C02A6F-8C21-423A-9FCE-EB75289713B0_zps

Not checked yet mate had to much on my plate got it running and set up the safc so it idles nicely and doesn't smell of fuel will be checking as soon as I can get it on a ramp needs to get on a four poster because it's to low ( tried today nearly ripped the side skirts off) will update as soon as I know fingers crossed

Well this is not the best way to go with the starlet as when you start trying to sort the electrics things never go great

however I've started to tidy it all up due to the absolute mayhem under the dash .

All the wires are just tangled like mad the picture below looks really bad but I know where most of the crap goes now and it's mostly in tangled

92F52B60-4003-43C4-A8F1-B2EB5D80C0C1_zps

Polishing headlights and all due to rain

E0C13B37-4AAA-4959-B8A8-5013E2751CBC_zps

F59DA265-E0AC-4823-9457-FB4D91D0C8FB_zps