Full body respray

I was quoted 1500 & 1800 for a full spray, this included fitting new wings a bonnet also

You get what you pay for imo and paint is something im very picky about so i would rather have it done right first time

This is more along the lines of what we charge down my way..

If you do the prep yourself you could knock a few quid off buddy. I will be getting mine done soon in a different colour and I will be doing as much prep as I can. Be alot cheaper if the car just needs primed and painted!

If you do the prep yourself you could knock a few quid off buddy. I will be getting mine done soon in a different colour and I will be doing as much prep as I can. Be alot cheaper if the car just needs primed and painted!

How long u reckon it would take to do prep mate and what would I need?

Would I beable to get away with doin most of the prep with all panels and doors still fitted?

Cheers

Dusty :)

• 3 weeks later...

Haha 500 dreamers I work in a body shop and you wouldn't just paint it if you wanted it doing properly get rid of all the chips and dings then spray properly looking at £1500+ this is a proper job though anything less is probably a bad job.

How long u reckon it would take to do prep mate and what would I need?

Would I beable to get away with doin most of the prep with all panels and doors still fitted?

Cheers

Dusty :)

You would get away with sanding, filling, masking off etc.. straight forward enough, my mate is a painter so he points me in the right direction, but im sure there are guides to help you out! Will definitely save you money!

Agreeed with murphy and also being a painter in body shop its never a case of just painting.

Prep is the most important thing to a paint job

Unless uv had experience, If i was u id save your pennies and let the body shop do everything.

I hate painting ontop of other peoples prep.

Paint wont cover poor prep and ull b unhappy if its not how u want it and u wont have a leg to stand on if u take it back and complain that its not how u wanted.

As i said above going rate down my way is 1500+

• 2 months later...

I got quoted 1500 and 1600 from two reputable painters near me (they have both knocked out some pretty naughty show cars)

On another end of the scale my friend prepped his civic coupe himself and had it painted off a completely different painter near me for 300 and it is the worst paint I have ever seen fish eyes and runs everywhere and after about 6 months on some parts of the car the paint actualy started to crack and come off in places! I recently sprayed my interior my self with a a gun (first time using a gun thought may aswell try) and it was 100% better than the paint on my friends civic!

so like everyone has said its best to pay mega bucks for paint or not at all because although you think these 300 and 500 pound jobbys are great value and they cant be that bad... they can haha

I'm a painter myself and in my body shop is £1500 minimum for a blow over of the same colour and tbh if I was getting my car done and wanting the colour changed and not doing it myself I would pay 2k plus as you get what you pay for ! But obv I would just do it myself