Dilemma starlet or civic type r ep3

Right I've got abit of a dilemma I've been after a starlet for a few weeks now for around the 3grand mark but not a lot for sale that are tidy at the moment in budget, and my brother has just offered me his 54plate face lift model civic type r ep3 60,000miles for £2,500 body work abit tatty but not bad and pretty much been in the family from new so I know the history of the car!

Pro's

Newer more modern car

More room for baby etc

Family owned

Low mileage

Cheaper than most 54plate I've seen for sale

Lowish mileage

Con's

I've had a 300+ bhp glanza before that wasted the civic everywhere

I'm not really a honda fan

I want a starlet really

Had a N/A starlet. Sold it all, bought a 04 Facelift EP3. Great, modern and quick car.

But it lacked the character. Sold it in October last year, and bought a Glanza. Hand on heart, I've never looked back!

Is a shame as you'd turbo it for 500quid with easy and 4wd grip is crazy. But if its not ment to be then its not ment to be. Id personally of kept the cadina. 4wd turbo beats fwd turbo every time.

Ive got both and would have the ep3 over the glanza as a daily driver, its a lot more comfy, less rattles, drives better, better engine, all imo, but sounds like you have you're heart set on another starlet!

To be honest mate you can drive most things to be alright on fuel, it's in your driving style, but the civic could get boring.. Comfort is lovely but isn't the same! Buy what you actually want! Do not buy something that you think you should and then be unhappy! Waste of money and time. IMO

- your mrs will come round;)

Tom.

Edited by 1991 starlet owner