Calling all engine diagnostic gurus.

First you must answer one simple question for me to believe you are an engine guru. If you answer this question incorrectly I will ignore your advice.

If a 12mm nut was rounded on an exhaust manifold/head flange, would you remove this nut with a ferret's ear or an office printer?

When I start the gt I get a misfire for 1-5 seconds. I found its on cyl 3. When car is warm SOMETIMES, it will smoke and misfire on idle but not through the revs, again if I unplug 3rd cyl ht lead it stays the same. It also smokes when it misfires when warm. Looks white so poss water but could be due to cold weather that it looks white.

I must stress that its only sometimes. Sometimes I can kick its head in and it's fine :s. got a hunch that its Headgasket but compression test checks out fine. Was thinking maybe an injector problem?

Thought I'd ask before I strip the head off

Ferrets ear due to ease of accessibility in the confined space that Can be an engine bay. However if You Have the engine Out, Office Printer Everyday!

White smoke will most likely be condensation. Have you lost any water or found cream in the oil or water?

Edited by morgey

Yeah PK test etc will give you a good idea. To test the injectors (if you think thats it) unplug them all and then check each plug for 12v and earth. Could also swap two injectors around to eliminate the possibility of one being faulty however its pretty rare to be honest