aiming for 300bhp and after advice

really starting to love my gt turbo, ive have a few higher power cars before and always love the idea of 300 horses in my pocket rocket, im just after some advice on what parts to start collecting towards the build, im after a reliable build thats not pushing its limits, by no means will this car be trashed around everyday, id just like to have that power for the odd hit of boost and the occasional easy going track day,

not sure weather i should ask in this section or another, but what other parts would be worth collecting (ecu,turbo, manifold, intake manifold ect.) ill be piecing it together over this year and hopefully get the build done next winter

hopefully ive explained myself well enough, all help would be great!

thanks

jon

Fit all the parts yourself, its just nuts an bolts, piece of piss. Then you'll just need someone to wire in an ECU and map it.

Or get an ECU with a plug in loom and its even more simple haha. Plug it in at the mappers lol.

it most certainly is not a piece of piss to properly build a forged engine for 99% of us. its being talked about like its the same as building a lego set lol

if you know how to build one go for it mate but otherwise get it to a reputable trader like racetech tuning developments etc. always go and have a good nosey around at their

premises and chat to them first. dont go purely off reputation as i was stung VERY badly by tm-developments doing this.

and yes your car will be away for a while as its a major job. i got myself an old scrapper for 200 quid to use while mine was away.

Edited by richglanzav

thanks alot rich, ill pop up some time and talk to them about what i want to do over the next year or so and see what they say, having a secondary car is no problem for me at the moment so all should be good

I never actually said go and built yourself a forged engine its a piece of piss.

I said fitting parts were, because ehh, it is easy.

Any decent tuning company will build an engine and ship it to you so you can fit it yourself.

Either or really, a lot of the time you will be waiting a very long time for a company to do your build. Very busy people.

I never actually said go and built yourself a forged engine its a piece of piss.

I said fitting parts were, because ehh, it is easy.

Any decent tuning company will build an engine and ship it to you so you can fit it yourself.

Either or really, a lot of the time you will be waiting a very long time for a company to do your build. Very busy people.

ah yeah mate i see what ya mean, your right yes this is probably the best way of doing it if your confident.

also spec wise for 300+hp you will be wanting a serious turbo kit which will be very laggy on a 4e so if you can source a 5e to forge that would be best.

my personal opinion would be a good quality tried and tested td04 kit on a 5e. some kits will hit 270ish bhp on a 4e so it may just touch 290-300 on a 5e at about 1.4 bar.

i think this would be best as if you have 300bhp you really dont want huge lag as when the power comes in you will be in danger of being thrown into the nearest hedge lol.

a 5e would provide a bit less lag and smoother delivery.

Edited by richglanzav

Building a motor isn't hard at all, but when you start talking blueprinting that's when everyone throws their toys out the pram.

5E is far better in every way over the 4E imo, however its not HP you should be concerned with, its torque which is a more important factor and there's no replacement for displacement.

I've got a 5E for sale sat here if your interested :)