Ray's Race Build! *Brake Induction Kit Install Finished*

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad news about your Dad, seems like you're getting on with stuff though which is what I'm sure he would want.

In regards to the brake ducts, the difficult part of this is actually getting the flow of air into the bell of the disk, you don't want to just be firing it at the side of the disk. Also, have you actually tested the car to the point where the brakes overheat? If you haven't then just go and drive the thing and see, you might be wasting your time is all. Book a track day and enjoy it, if the brakes get hot, manage them as best you can and then look at resolving that issue for the next one.

They are a light car, it's not like you're trying to haul up 1.5 tonnes when stopping.

Sad news about your Dad, seems like you're getting on with stuff though which is what I'm sure he would want.

In regards to the brake ducts, the difficult part of this is actually getting the flow of air into the bell of the disk, you don't want to just be firing it at the side of the disk. Also, have you actually tested the car to the point where the brakes overheat? If you haven't then just go and drive the thing and see, you might be wasting your time is all. Book a track day and enjoy it, if the brakes get hot, manage them as best you can and then look at resolving that issue for the next one.

They are a light car, it's not like you're trying to haul up 1.5 tonnes when stopping.

Thanks for the comment in regards to getting it into the bell of the disc is near impossible as it will catch the tyre on full lock! i have done it all as best as i can and am happy with the results! Its still going to be getting cold air to the brakes regardless if its fire at the side.... Comments welcome

image_zps4a4d7577.jpg

image_zps98f8a988.jpg

:thumbsup::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

That's an A3 but the science is the same.. I haven't looked at where I can route brake ducts, if after the 19th the brakes over heat I'll investigate that.

That's an A3 but the science is the same.. I haven't looked at where I can route brake ducts, if after the 19th the brakes over heat I'll investigate that.

Thanks for the picture.... i spent hours outside working out roots for it and its either too close to the belts or it gets caught by the tyre. This is the was i saw possible unless you use a thinner duct? these are still going to do the job just not as well as going into the disc. i was doing that but couldnt find a path....

think im booking a track day at Brands Hatch next month in August if you fancy it

I would, but Brands is miles away and I really need to save some money. Providing the car survives next week, I'll be looking to book something in September I think, will post on here where incase you're up for it!

• 2 weeks later...