Dual rear side lights...

I'm sure ive seen this done before..

IMG_1615_zpseb9ca82f.jpg

I want my rear lights to be like the Right hand side not the left... Obviously already got the fog light so want to do it so i can have the bottom being sidelights on both sides...

Where is the picture guide on how to do this on the forum? If there is one

So I thought i'd write it up, couldn't find it anywhere....

98 Spec/Reflet Side light mod

Before:

5DWfExtl.jpg

After:

DTKAeWDl.jpg

4gm3GHAl.jpg

Pins that I will refer to in this guide:

Iahst6Ml.jpg

You will need

• 2x Double Filament Bulb Holders (A breaker may have them in The Marketplace) ***Get a holder with wires sticking out as long as you can get, so you can solder onto them, otherwise it'll be a nightmare taking the holder to pieces to solder in wires. ***
  • 2x Double Filament Bulb
  • Wire (Two different colours: Green and White&Black (or just White))
  • Side Cutters
  • Soldering Iron
  • Solder
  • Small Heat shrink (3mm)
  • Heat Gun

Cut the wires of the _bottom_ holders on each light and put them aside (Leave a bit of cable on the holder so you can always revert back and use the same holders).

PASSENGER SIDE:

Cut the Green wire on top holder, splice in a new Green wire and leave enough length to go to the bottom holder.

Cut the White&Black wire on top holder, splice in a new White&Black wire and leave enough length to go to the bottom holder.

Solder the new Green wire onto the "top pin" (Or the cable going to one, if you bought the holder with cables sticking out).

Solder the new White&Black wire onto the "negative pin" (Or the cable going to it, if you bought the holder with cables sticking out).

Solder the old (Reverse) Blue wire onto the "center pin" (Or the cable going to one, if you bought the holder with cables sticking out).

DRIVERS SIDE:

Cut the Green wire on top holder, splice in a new Green wire and leave enough length to go to the bottom holder.

Cut the White&Black wire on top holder, splice in a new White&Black wire and leave enough length to go to the bottom holder.

Solder the new Green wire onto the "top pin" (Or the cable going to one, if you bought the holder with cables sticking out).

Solder the new White&Black wire onto the "negative pin" (Or the cable going to it, if you bought the holder with cables sticking out).

Solder the old (Fog) Light Green wire onto the "center pin" (Or the cable going to it, if you bought the holder with cables sticking out).

Insert double filament bulbs into each holder and insert into the light.

Turn on

JDMness!

Jamie

Edited by Jamie5414