surely this has to be welded into the midpipe ?.......

it would be major agro just for purposes of one day

it will cost you a fortune but get another midpipe made up with this welded into it pass your mot then swap back and put it in the shed for another year :thumbsup:

Ive been given a quote of £150 to have it welded so i can take it out and replace it with the piece they cut out of my middle pipe 5min job each year

have you not got a friendly mot tester up your way how have you managed before

no mate there all assholes up here last year i was having work done at TD they sent me to a friendly tester but will cost loads to go up to that guy every year works out cheaper to do it this way.

I had a wide band bung welded into it already so not to fussed. The guys that will be doing it make exhausts for race cars so it will be spot on and look like its ment to be. :) If it was mint i think i would try get a second hand piece to do it to. So you recon that will cat will work ok time is ticking to get it sorted so i want to order it if its suitable. :)

as for deminsions it will theoretically fit fine but emissions you wont know for sure until its fitted.

but if your tester isn't a total prick he can hold the revs under 3000rpm for 30 seconds....

lets say 1500/2000 which will lower your emissions if its only a little over required as ive had that done many times previous

I don't know and I'm not sure how you could really tell without having it mot'd with it on.... someone else may know. Does the selling listing mention much

more just there for the visual cat test as been looking into the emissions side and apparently there is more leway as the car is mapped dosent really say alot to be fair

really good bit of advice I was given once by a friendly mot tester is to take your car for a really good 30min blast on route to the test centre,

as a catalytic converter will work at its best when it is nice and warm and up to temperature

see with that ive been told to not give it any shit with a cat on due to the map stupid TD04 lol but yeah i used to nail my old cars to the test centers to make the cat glow lol

I don't see what the map as to do with it at all?

It's not bad £150 to be fair.

4 bolts on/off.

I will have the same dilemma come August. I know a few people who used to be 'friendly' but unsure nowadays!

Thats just to fit it though so about £240 ish by the time its done cant get mot's like you used to owell this pays for its self after a few years :)