Anyone for a project or fixer upper ?

Evening all, my girlfriend has suspected gearbox failure on her 2000 1.0e lupo although it could be a dodgy fitted clutch! She can't be bothered to spend out on a gearbox she's just insured on mine for £50 now :D

So before I was to stick it in my friend yard and break it for parts would anyone be interested in buying it hole as a project/ fixer upper for £700

1.0e lupo X reg

Dark green

MOT until July

Tax runs out end March but can put 6months on for right price

Between 85-88k miles

Part service history

New clutch fitted professionally 6months ago

New front pads and disks in last 6months

Few bad points :

Dent in front wing ( replacement soured waiting to go on)

Boot cable snapped

And gearbox issue as stated above ( drives in 1st 2nd and 5th perfectly )

Engine runs sweet as a nut and we have never had any problems with the car at all up til now, she's owned the car for the last 3years and passed the last mot with no advisories

Don't have any pictures at the moment will grab some on the weekend or can grab some if desperately needed

Hope I'm not breaking forum rules by sticking this up but just sticking the idea out there

Cheers James

Pm me for more info :)

Location weston super mare

URL=http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/jimmymac92/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsc17a2b04.jpg.html]image_zpsc17a2b04.jpg

image_zpsf398f0cd.jpg

image_zps1e50a16c.jpg

image_zpsdbaa57bd.jpg

image_zps8fe47614.jpg

Edited by jimmymac101

Sick of seeing all these lupos...

They are a car that was designed to be simple city motoring at its very best.

They don't handle, they don't go fast, there not safe, there not reliable or easy to work on, they look like a Frog.

All I ever see is them slammed on the absolute floor so they drive even worse then they did before.

Or in most cases completely undriveable...

Just Weigh it in and do us all a favour...

Rant Over

Socks I hate them to, it's been a perfect first car for her and has had no problems at all til now, it's completely standard and untouched :) price is not set at £700 just a stating point

Weighing it in is an option but it's worth more in parts and she wants to buy my ignis so I can become a starleteer again ;)

James

As above. My Mrs's needs a first car and a slammed lupo on BBS's would've been the dogs!

come buy this fix it up and then slam it for her :D

If younwere closer i would have really considered this

glasgow is a fair distance from me unfortunately :( hiring someone to pick it up isn't cheap either :(

james

Edited by jimmymac101

Sick of seeing all these lupos...

They are a car that was designed to be simple city motoring at its very best.

They don't handle, they don't go fast, there not safe, there not reliable or easy to work on, they look like a Frog.

All I ever see is them slammed on the absolute floor so they drive even worse then they did before.

Or in most cases completely undriveable...

Just Weigh it in and do us all a favour...

Rant Over

You sure your not describing a starlet LOL

its the cost of the gearbox and then fitting......... all adds up :( shes wanted to buy mine for a while so this has just made her go ' im not splashing out on it, scrap or sell so i can have yours '

but no it shouldn't cost someone alot with the right knowledge and space to fix it, im almost sure its a dodgy fitted clutch but she wont pay for anyone for refit the clutch cost almost £300 to have it done last time :/ but then i don't know any mechanics who offer discount lol

james

had a lupo sport after i wrote off my first starlet. bought it at 134k and suffered the infamous pedal box failure not long later which cost me £300, and that was cheap. got it repaired after finding some who could do the job and sold it on 138k

soon bought another starlet :lol:

Edited by Billy SR