Fuel pump - Is the wiring wrong PIC INSIDE

Well this is what puzzles me and the electrician. However, we've just tried to start it and it doesn't fire up! BUT, when you stop trying you can hear it buzzing as though it's retracting any fuel and dropping it in the tank.

He thinks the plugs been wired wrong, so tomorrow we're going to go black>blue then red > black.

He thinks the plugs wired opposite from factory hence why it won't start..

Yet still.. It whines after you stop cranking which would indicate it's getting power.

Seriously fucked off with this tuning developments pump. (Which is actually a walbro anyway)

why don't you just stick a multimeter on it, its marked positive and negative, you can check it that way. Also if you can hear it after you turn the key surely that means its working. Have you checked to see if its pumping fuel?

Edited by Taggy

why don't you just stick a multimeter on it, its marked positive and negative, you can check it that way. Also if you can hear it after you turn the key surely that means its working. Have you checked to see if its pumping fuel?

Haven't tried a multimeter will tomorrow.

It's clearly not pumping fuel as if I whip the OEM back in the car starts first time.

But the wiring appear different to the marking on the pump to how it's wired on the plug.

But it does whine after you stop cranking. I'm leaning towards a potentially faulty fuel pump. As why else would it not work?

Yeah mate bought it off Mike a while ago.

So basically on my pump..

Black = Positive

Red = Negative

Will give it a whirl tomorrow. This has wasted so much of my time. Almost lost the plot when for 6th time it didn't start today. Urghhhh!!!

have you asked mike about it?

weird that is !!

Hope you sort it mate

I tried it previously without noticing the wiring is wrong.

He said I haven't soldered it an need to solder. Which I did tonight. If swapping the wires doesn't solve it it's got to be faulty!

If it's polarity is reversed it should still run I'd imagine just in reverse

So it won't pump, but would drain?

It only comes alive when I gave up trying to turn the bastard thing over!

Things like this make me want to throw the towel in!