Clicking noise with new LSD!

Just got my gearbox back on with new Kaaz LSD fitted at local shop. It makes a fast clicking noise even at like 3 mph. Even does it when just being pushed.. If I jack the front up and start the car, put bit in gear and turn the wheels wherever, there is no noise.. If I lay down and push/pull the car with a little bit of turn, I can see its like the shaft gets stuck and clicks round..

Never had a diff on fwd or even one brand new! Don't know what noises to expect, and don't wanna break anything.. It's quite a loud noise, and can shake the car quite bad..

The noise you are getting just sounds like the diff slipping. My ATS and cusco diffs both clunk and click and make the steering wheel shake a bit. It's just does it on low speed turns when you are just cruising around. You have to put the power down to lock the diff in the corners.

Pretty sure someone on here can confirm but to break them in you need to drive around in figure of 8's for like half an hour?

Sure someone has mentioned that or will know the correct break in procedure?

Also what oil are you using and any additives? Is it compatible with a plate diff? If it's brand new it's best get it bedded in properly. And it should clunk less then apparently

Oh right! Lol it is brand new, but literally sounds like something's gonna snap, and I'm only goin less than walking speed... Don't wanna break anything!

Did they set the tourque preload on the diff? The plate diffs require an additive for the oil and I there is a brand of oil every one goes on about that I can't remember off my head. Reduces the noise.

jesus those diffs sound awful!!

Once you put your foot down round a bend you don't care about the clucking! They are awesome for putting the power. They don't clunk all the time. Only at low speed, say pulling out of a parking space and going round a corner real slow. It's funny because people look at the car and think some things wrong. Like the noise the Orc and blitz clutches make

I don't know if they set anything up or not, Does it make much difference? I'm using the supplied kaaz oil for break-in and more on the way for after.. It's just real clicky, don't mind breaking it in, just sounds like its gonna break a shaft or something! Anyone else done this and found it so loud and seem to stress the shafts so much when clicking?

Pretty sure someone on here can confirm but to break them in you need to drive around in figure of 8's for like half an hour?

Sure someone has mentioned that or will know the correct break in procedure?

Also what oil are you using and any additives? Is it compatible with a plate diff? If it's brand new it's best get it bedded in properly. And it should clunk less then apparently

This is true, figure of 8'sfor 30-45 mins and change the oil afterwards as well to remove any metal swarf.

Setting the preload on a clutch type diff is also a must.

Depends if they know what their doing with a diff.

The preload sets the torque which initiates the lsd. Its trial and error and depends on your driving style as to what its set to. However thats the proper why of setting up a diff, 99% of people will juet chuck them in.

As mentioned you need to run it in and use the correct oil. I fitted my mates, he ran it in properly and used the oil i said, and its silent.

They only clunk like a bastard if using the wrong oil, or not run in correctly. The oil you want is Fuchs Titan Race available through opie.