hks p&p ecu fitting

So decided to fit my hks plug and play ecu got 3 plugs in but left with 3 smaller plugs and a long cable cuming from the ecu with a round 3 pin plug not sure where any of them go, this pic may help, can also get a pic of the other circle plug

ecu201_zps361c6465.jpg

Any help appreciated cheers

Just went out and got it plugged in cheers :)

Just got this circular 3 pin plug witha good meter of cable,

There's a FCD can I just unplug the 2 joints and cut the other two wires and thatl be it obv make sure there no bits o wire showing anywhere.

What does the actual Ecu look like?

I think that plug is for a hks map sensor

IMG-20140308-00248_zpsfcdaa366.jpg

There a black box that was plugged into standerd ecu on its got denso 1 sticker what's this?

Do I need a separate HKS map sensor?

The guy I bought it from told me it was a straight fit as he just took it out of his

Edited by Dusty

I guarantee you it's not all there if he has just taken it out of his he has assumed to you it's working but you can't get it functioning the way it should be without the rest! I would try get my cash back if I was you without the sensor etc it's no use...

Same Ecu as I have in my gt. It's a piggyback fuel controller. Old school thing.

Works though.

There's several bits to it. The Ecu, a fcd, and a seperate map sensor

You need it all for it to work

So will it do anything atall for me? How much they worth?Just bought a TD04 was hoping to run it with this until I get emanage blue

Will have a look for hks map sensor

IMG-20140308-00254_zps554a44f9.jpg

This was there when I took the glove box out is it standard?

Yes that's standard mate it's some sort of control box, the hks is a piggy back ecu, I don't know nothing about them but I think they have to be remmaped to suit your setup, you should of bought a p&p like jam etc , or wait till you go td04 and get emanage blue and get it mapped

I'll try and get to mine and take some photos for you :)

When Marc had my car he ran a td04 on it

It's good and works but I think cause it's old not many tuners have the software or experience with them

So does it need to be remapped?

What kind of money's in them mate?

Yes it needs to be remmaped, not much , iirc there was one for sale on here not long dog for like £100-200 but I can't remember

Got done over then :( bought it as a plug and play ecu that was still in his ep91 at the time took it out when it was sold and he was running TD04 , but that was in December so have no chance now :( payed 300 for it

Edited by Dusty

Ok I've mailed him to see about the map sensor, can just unplug it to pass mot on ct9 and try it with the TD04 can I adjust anything with a afr Gauge would it help to get a fpr with a gauge , maybe just sell it and got for emanage blue

Edited by Dusty

That's not bad. You can adjust it yourself if you have an afr guage

These are great bits of kit for the money.

an fcd isnt dear and your set.

no software needed for a remap either just 7 seperate settings on a board inside.

Phil

These are great bits of kit for the money.

an fcd isnt dear and your set.

no software needed for a remap either just 7 seperate settings on a board inside.

Phil

Maybe not so ba after all I have the fcd it's the map sensor I'm missing , how do i adjust the settings on the board?

cant mind the boost threshold but im not sure you need the specific hks/denso map sensor to run it.

to adjust the setting just unscrews the metal cover and you'll see a numbered screw. turn the screw to the desired setting.

you must however use a wideband or borrow a wideband to check the fueling is correct.

Phil

cant mind the boost threshold but im not sure you need the specific hks/denso map sensor to run it.

to adjust the setting just unscrews the metal cover and you'll see a numbered screw. turn the screw to the desired setting.

you must however use a wideband or borrow a wideband to check the fueling is correct.

Phil

Easy enuff done then what sort of reading would I be looking for on the wideband? Would I just change it till I found one where everything was running at a safe level? Edited by Dusty