Hi jamie the box you had was a genuine oem lsd box it came from a separate car than the one above.

Yours was from a silver 98 spec that was broken for spares.

There are visible differences between the oem lsd box and one fitted with an aftermarket lsd.

And different drivers side driveshaft.

The one I viewed today was definitely not an lsd box as shafts span opposite ways.....it was suppose to have been an oem lsd box and it definitely wasn't so what's the crack here then

This gearbox should be mine as you sold me one that was ment to be an OEM LSD. I tried to sell the box to somebody today and it turns out its a standard box, NOT LSD!

The box you purchased was a genuine oem lsd box from a 98 spec! i was there and helped remove it.

No idea when this was removed from car was clearly an oem lsd box.

This I know.

There was only this box for sale so no confusion with any other box.

I have spoken with Matt who says when this lad picked the box up he pointed out the extended gearbox housing and spun the driveshafts to demonstrate both rotated simultaneously.

To suggest that Matt would mistakenly or dishonestly sell an iffy item is ludicrous.

There are other scenarios as to what may be happening.

my Quaife LSD would spin the wheels opposite directions, the difference between a standard gearbox and a OEM LSD box are extremely obvious, for one the drive shafts are two distinct different sizes and also one side of the gearbox on an oem lsd has an additional section sticking out, hence the shorter driveshaft.

Its impossible to confuse the two!