High Emissions High Idle..:(

Ok, To start off, Went through the NCT the other week failed on really high emissions, 3.15% on high & low idle or there abouts..

Changed the cat and lambda sensor and still the same..:(

Have just done the injector seals today as well but it did not bring down my high idle..

I don't know if it has fixed the emissions problem as of yet.. Will know on tuesday..

I have done a reshell on the car in late january this year and hasnt idle the same since.. Have checked all the vac lines and they all seem fine.. The car was running perfect the day we took the engine out..

Anyone got any ideas as to what it could be.. I had to turn down the idle screw after we put the engine in as it was idling at 2k or more on start up.. Even with the screw all the down it still cold starts at 1800revs.. But then settles to around 800-85o warm with all the lights on including fogs, If i turn all lights off it sits a little over 1k..

I really need this sorted as i havent drove the car in nearly a month now as a result of having no nct..

Hope someone can shed some light on this for me as its doing my head in..

Cheers lads

I know it's not solving your problem but have you but in loads off wire wool and diptane for the meantime to get the nct?

Have you done a diagnostic test see what comes upright be broken sensor swooping engines?

Did you get a wide band test see the air to fuel ratio is perfect could be running too rich?

Disconnect the battery touch the two thermals for about a minute should reset the ecu

All I can think off

Check your spark plugs see is there loads off petrol on them?

Edited by Rosso321

Nah id want teh problem solved ross being honest..

Going to do another diagnostic test now in a few..

Didnt get the AF checked yet as have noway to do it unless i find someone that can test it for me..

Anyone have any more ideas as to what i can try..

Have got new lambda sensor and cat and changed the injector seals.. Dont know if the emmisions is down after doing the injector seals will know tmro when i get them checked..

Can someone please give me an idea as to what to look for next as i cant drive the car due to not having any test and need the car as a daily..:(

Any help greatly appreciated

does your idle "hunt" when warm?

usually high idle is associated with a vacuum leak. recheck all those vacuum hoses to your TB, Power Steering rack, ICV, automatic choke, etc.

also, the idle screw itself carries an o-ring on it, you may want to remove it to see of its worn and leaking

Cheers for the replys lads..

Found 3 small enough holes in the join of my exhaust,1 half way dwn and two at the rear joiner.. Would this have bein my prob? Im getn them tested tuesday..

Also where is the automatic choke? Has it many vac lines?

And do i just remove the idle screw to see the o ring?

Thanks again lads

Also when i partialy coverd up the holes for a min the idle did seem to improve..

Gorganl2000- idle didnt hunt when warm,anyone I've brought it to said its runing very well..

Very frustrating stil cnt drive the car

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NOW SORTED...:):)

There was a capacitor burnt in the ECU due to a wire shorting out..

All repaired now and passing with flying colours..:)

Lock this bitch up...:)

• 3 months later...