4EFE to 4EFTE Conversion

Hey guys.

After the summer I'll be buying a red UK spec SR starlet 4efe as a project. I'm going to be rebuilding everything from the ground up, not going to ridiculous power (around 200bhp) just want a very clean example of a glanza, in red lol. I would buy another glanza and use it as a project but im thinking it would be cheaper, and make the car more 'my own' if I fully re-do and build it myself, and it'll be fun lol.

I have a glanza now, on 220,000 KMS's, its in good condition for the age but by the time I pay for a respray (want a red glanza :/) in the door shuts and engine bay, wire tuck etc etc and strip it all down and back up again, and I'll need a car to use in the process, So I was thinking I could keep using my glanza whilst I prepped the SR, got all the bodywork, suspension, etc done. And switched the engine, loom, box, intercooler, exhaust over in a weekend (hopefully)

I'll be using all the interior plastics etc, basically everything from the glanza into the SR, except the bumpers as I'll be going for a varis kit and bonnet.

Has anybody else done this before? I know it may seem pointless whilst I have a decent, working order glanza, but its soemthing I'd like to do :) Anything I need to know before I attempt this? Any big differences between the SR and the Glanza shell/chassis?

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advanc for any help :)

If only it was that easy. Don't forget you need to swap ALL the looms including the roof and boot. You will also need to swap the main crash/dash bar. As there different and the mounts for the columns are different and you need the different column to mount the glanza stalks.

I hate to say it but it's going to be a massive waste of time. Buy a cheap n/a do the work on the v then sell the n/a

Just my opinion though.

I'll offer advice where I can of you do go ahead,

Rob

ahh cheers appreciate that rob, hence why I posted asking, to see if it would be worth undertaking or not. I suppose selling the NA after I'm done would be a cheaper way than transferring it all over. Thanks for the advice dude

^ I was going to mention that too.

It's not that hard I don't think.

2 options.

1. Splice in the gt loom to yours, so you don't have to rip the whole car apart changing looms. But you will need some wiring knowlegde.

2. Buy Glanza looms and swap everything, easy as it's plug and play but is hassle as you need to strip the whole car. You can modify the steering column for the stalks, you don't need to change it for a Glanza one.

As above i sliced the Glanza loom into my n/a loom.. had abit of modn to do to get the lights Glanza style in the rears.. can totally understand your point, not everyone can say they have built ther own car from the ground up.. if you have the budget and time then i say go for it.. :thumbsup: