Right im looking to get a uprated clutch next month and am having trouble finding one to run upto 300bhp but keep as close to the oem feel and not be too stiff to operate and not have the usual trouble of getting it into gear ect., im looking at the helix 4puk with the uprated cover, but any ideas on the other setups on here http://www.futuremotorsports.com/CLUTCH-and-DRIVE-T-copy-6508/

Edited by fremyjay

The Helix is juddery due to being a 4 PUK. My brother had one in his old GT and it was not ideal for daily use.

I was looking for the same as you, something good for 300bhp and still nice to drive with. I opted for the Competiion Stage 4 6 PUK sprung clutch kit. I have fitted it to the EP82 demo car and it doesn't even feel like a paddle clutch tbh. Very easy to drive with considering it's a paddle clutch.

Also, we are currently running a group buy on the range of Compeition clutch and flywheels so that could save you some money. :)

Cheers

Idrees

I did see bud, but ive seen a few people have been having problems with these as of late and dont want to spend out and end up with troubles to be honest, whats the major difference between the 4puk and 6puk clutches, to run upto 300bhp does it have to be a puk clutch are there no other options?

Problems with the Comp clutch? Any links? We've sold a dozen in the last few months and haven't heard of any troubles. I've heard of problems with a certain other 6 PUK clutch but not the Comp clutch.

All paddle clutches are not single plated, i.e. they are either 4/5/6 PUK / pad. The more it has, the easier it is to drive with from my experience. Exedy do an Organic which is single plated, and Competition also offer a plate but they are recommended up to around 240bhp max.

sorry bud i didnt mean the ones you supply, just in particular a few threads have popped up, so i would need to go for a paddle clutch ideally, thanks for the input guys will look into the act clutch but will more than likely jump in the group buy if all goes well this month