start up procedure

My n/a has been locked up for the last two years.

I have a new battery and a jerry can with some fresh fuel.

Is there a procedure to bring it back to life?

Edited by Shahzad

I would take your plugs out and just turn it over with no compression by hand for a few turns. Then turn it over for a minute or so with the key. This will get oil all around.

Give the plugs a clean. Drop them back in and fire her up. Let it get up to temp and let the fans kick in a couple of times.

You should be good to go.

Then give it a short run and give it an oil change

Edited by morgey

as morgey has mentioned ensure to turn it over by hand a few times to ensure the oil gets round the engine and a good oil pressure has built up, if you can i would drain the fuel thats in there, unless a fuel stabaliser was used the fuel will be pretty crappy mate, drain and fresh fuel in, after having her out a short run once all this has been done i would advice an oil and filter change and check for leeks on a test run, rubber pipes,seals etc may have dried and cracked

also depending on where it has been stored condensation may be present in the exhaust so expect some light smoke for the first few miles untill properly warm and should clear