Mikes 98 spec glanza....281HP TD04L forge build....European road trip completed

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had some issues with the car last night, it was getting very hard to engage and disengage gears, to the point it was undriveable. I was limping it home in second gear. Then all of a sudden something went. No drive to the wheels just a grinding noise. in the process of dropping the box.

So I dropped the gearbox today. And found this. The teeth inside the friction plated had shat itself. Spline shaft looks okay. Need to try and find the cause as this shouldn't happen after 900 miles of easy driving

2825A404-4C3B-47E3-A3B4-BB316F26107B.jpg

D3C32001-5128-494B-B22D-CC428E3FEF36.jpg

Was that a spec clutch did you say?

Usually the exedy paddles that go and give similar symptoms. Had the issue myself. Hope you get her sorted :)

Yep a brand new spec with 900 miles on it, not sure what to do now clutch wise

The exedy i had popped all the springs out and cracked the friction plate at 500 miles, was running an engine in too lol!

Go ORC mate :)

I was thinking Orc, but by the time it's imported I dunno if I can justify the money, surely there's an alternative lol

Someone was selling one in the for sale section too :)

Yeah I just saw that, I'm Gona make sure I have a decent box first, right now I have 3 that are buggered. In the process of making a decent one out of the 3

So I bit the bullet and ordered an Orc clutch from Jayj, tookthe gearboxes to my mate to get sorted along with new input and output bearings, hoping to be back on the road next week :)

Edited by Vturbo

So I bit the bullet and ordered an Orc clutch from Jayj, tookthe gearboxes to my mate to get sorted along with new input and output bearings, hoping to be back on the road next week :)

Well done your going to love that clutch man :D