Some Designer from Rotherham

Hey everyone!

So my name is Ben, and I am 18! I currently have no car, as I am still saving, which on an Apprentice wage, with no financial help from family is quite difficult! I am currently an Apprentice Designer and I am on my second placement (I found this one myself) and I have been offered a 12 month contract where I am now, so 4 more months or so as an Apprentice, then BAM I will be here as a Designer biggrin.png which means more money! YES!

Now the car's I have my eye on for a first are as goes, in no particular order:

Toyota Starlet

Honda Civic EP1

So I am undecided, I remember the Starlet for real good times, when my sisters dad had the SR when I was younger and I loved it, but the Civic seems more modern and faster :p But i do like older cars! MEH!

You can check out some of my past designing here: https://www.behance.net/WestleyDesign

Thanks everyone! As a kid my sisters dad had a Starlet SR, which we all appropriately named the Rocket! :p Which is of course where my love for starlet's comes from! I would love to have one as my first car, but in Rotherham with a budget of around £800 I can only seem to find some that are like over 20 miles away! not far of course, but my driving test is the 29th of this month and no one will come look with me until I pass my test xD

• 6 months later...

Well it's been a while since I was on here! Unfortunately I never got a starlet due to funds and insurance and what not, I passed my test first time with 2 minors, lost my design job and am now working at Asos, I'm also on my second car accident nice may, I got a Corsa B handed to me for free from my nan which was stolen around 2 months ago from the drive of my mothers house and so I desperately needed a car to get me to work and what not, and all I could find that was good for the money and local to me (also had to keep the girlfriends parents happy as they gave me the money) was a Corsa C, now I still really want a starlet so once the car is paid off and I have some money behind me I'll be looking into getting one, hopefully I'll

Be back into graphic design soon! Here's the C, not much has happened but yeah :)

Posted Image

• 8 months later...

Things have majorly improved since my last update! I got sacked form Asos with a few buddies (they accused us of stealing, checked our cars found nothing then accused us of graffiti, which in fact was us playing noughts and crosses on an old piece of paper and sacked us all) then a few weeks later they sacked a few hundred people as they had no work so in reality they made up excuses to get rid of people… Anyway! I got a job again this time back in graphic design! I am at a small company made up of three people, me the designer/small printer operator, the print man who operates the press printer and the manager. So I have a lot of responsibility and have learnt so much!

Anyway! the corsa is boring. No surprise there, I spent the last few months looking for a MK1 MX5 but after reflecting after a nice day out with my partner and my little brother it finally hit me I wouldn't be able to take my brother out which made me sad, so now I am back on my original path of buying a Starlet! Which will happen very soon!

My partners 21st birthday is august, we are going on holiday then after that I will be frantically looking for a starlet to buy! FINALLY! plus I checked my insurance earlier today and switching to a Starlet actually drops form my current £110 a month to £92 a month! xD which is so confusing as the Corsa is a 1.0 and the Starlet as you all know is 1.3! LOGIC! Anyway guys I shall join you all soon and keep an eye out as I have a LOT of great plans for my little Rocket when I get it ;) (my sisters dads SR was called the rocket, which is unfortunately sat on someones driveway needing some love and a new clutch!)

Keep your eyes out guys

Ben

Also in case you wondered, heres my Corsa as it stands now and will be sold like this too.

LBbjKI1.png

tGaYMzv.png

sJyufWk.png

Edited by Westley

Well tbh I have spent a fair bit on the corsa as the grill is rare for the prefacelift as it is the only de-badged grill the alloys are rare irmschers and a lot of other little bits have been done. I bought the car for £900 last September and if say it's pretty much held that value due to parts and the services it's had whilst I've had it.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of starlets for sale locally ATM either do id rather buy on for around £500-£700 or cheaper and then sell the car and have a lump of cash again after buying a car if you get me! But yeah I've considered it

looks like an irmsher grill would I be right them corsas do hold there value ive had a few myself as you say though stick it up for sale buy a cheaper run around and ya have a few pound to make your own changes to it

Nope! It's a steinmetz grill, they were discontinued a while back, they only pop up for sale once in a blue moon, just mine has the badge missing (bought like that)

That's my plan! Plus like I said the insurance will be £20 cheaper a month, that's already a weeks worth of petrol saved every month

Thanks everyone! As a kid my sisters dad had a Starlet SR, which we all appropriately named the Rocket! :p Which is of course where my love for starlet's comes from! I would love to have one as my first car, but in Rotherham with a budget of around £800 I can only seem to find some that are like over 20 miles away! not far of course, but my driving test is the 29th of this month and no one will come look with me until I pass my test xD

I'm near Rotherham mate! If you need a hand looking for a starlet let me know I'll be happy to help!

I'm near Rotherham mate! If you need a hand looking for a starlet let me know I'll be happy to help!

Oh great to know there's some Rotherham people here :) well tbh it's not so much needing the help it's more of a case of needing more people to sell there starlets xD I see a fair few stock ones round and about but barely any get put up for sale!

Oh great to know there's some Rotherham people here :) well tbh it's not so much needing the help it's more of a case of needing more people to sell there starlets xD I see a fair few stock ones round and about but barely any get put up for sale!

ahh fair shout :) I'm sure I'll see you around, flash me if you see me I'm sure you've followed me on insta so you'll know who I am